Tested Samsung vulnerability on my phone: Failed

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Running CleanRom 2.1 and passed.

I have a epic 4g and cm9 I still failed my imei still popped up when I clicked on the link.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Strange...the article says only Samsung phones running TouchWiz can be affected....

EDIT: Reading further, it appears this test just determines if USSD operations can be run remotely. (and apparently this was supposed to be fixed as of ICS). This test attempts to display MEID number, however the actual exploit attempts to do a USSD factory reset, which is a feature apparently only Samsung TW phones have. So if your phone isn't a Samsung running TW then you're not at risk for this exploit even if your phone fails the test.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm running a rooted S3 with a TouchWiz custom ROM (Synergy). Nothing happened when I hit the test link. I guess Synergy took care of this issue long ago.

Nsynyr8

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Using stock browser and Chrome, when I first ran it mine came up with the dialer and *#06#. When I refreshed the page and did it again it showed the MEID. BUT, when I went to recent apps and closed the "Phone" app and ran the test again the dialer popped up with *#06# in it.

What does this mean?

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on synergy rom build r53 and i see my meid on the stock browser and on my chrome browser. I guess its time to update my rom.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
it said that you have to use the STOCK browser to have the test work. Chrome is not the stock browser in ICS!! Try it with the stock one! Gotta read carefully 'round here.