Kim Komando warns about dangerous threat to Androids

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The linked information here leads me to believe my S3 may still be vulnerable. Am I misunderstanding this statement: "Samsung said in a statement that it has already provided a patch for the Galaxy S3, but it is not clear how long that will take for operator approval and rollout. In general software updates to any phone have to first be tested and approved by the carrier supporting the phone. Samsung said it is testing a patch for the Galaxy S2, but had no information on when it will be available or how it will be distributed."?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The linked information here leads me to believe my S3 may still be vulnerable. Am I misunderstanding this statement: "Samsung said in a statement that it has already provided a patch for the Galaxy S3, but it is not clear how long that will take for operator approval and rollout. In general software updates to any phone have to first be tested and approved by the carrier supporting the phone. Samsung said it is testing a patch for the Galaxy S2, but had no information on when it will be available or how it will be distributed."?

If it is a security issue, this will roll out very quickly since if it happens on one device Samsung is going to have one hell of time explaining why it took so long to get a patch out for it. Last I heard is that it was rolling out and most people where fine but I would still check it to make sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae