Program to turn off apps

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there any one that works? I tried advance app killer..it had fair reviews..but apps seemed to turn back on.:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
With 2 gig of ram, you will not need to worry about running out of memory. Task Killers are useless, if you set it to aggressive, it will keep on turning off apps and programs that needs to run in the background for the operating system to run smoothly. By having the phone keep on having to turn those programs back on in order for it to run properly is actually counter productive and will kill more battery than it's trying to save.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just hold down the home button and it pulls up all the previous apps I have used. You can kill them all from there without having to worry about killing the ones the system needs.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There's no need to kill apps. The Android operating system is very good at managing system memory. Having apps in memory does not affect your battery life or performance.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
It does if they are running in the background. If you dont use them you can clear data and disable to clear up memory. Just an option...If you dont want to do it or dont think you need to, then don't.