Blank screen

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife has been having this issue for a few weeks now where she will pick up the phone and the screen will stay black. Button presses do nothing. The only thing that fixes it is a battery pull. We did perform the latest software update recently. My S3 does not have this blank screen problem.

Any help is appreciated!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same thing popping up on mine. Usually it is associated with me turning the screen back on when it times out/turns off. Almost always it is when I have the browser open. Any correlation with what your wife is seeing? Only fix I have found so far is the battery pull too. I'm running stock, with apex launcher, stock browser too.

Not that I helped much but misery does love company? :rolleyes:

Edit: it ONLY happens with the browser. I'm downloading chrome tonight to see if it changes. Will update as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me once within the first couple weeks of me getting the phone. I have been using chrome and the problem has never reappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
No battery saver, but unlike myself who uses Chrome, she uses the stock browser. I'm running a little test leaving her browser open and letting it go black. Will see if the problem returns and I will post back here.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Chrome may have saved it. No issues from her since the switch to the new browser.

When I get home, I'm gonna swap sim cards and tame over hers. I'm better at this stuff than her if I need to do a warranty swap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me once within the first couple weeks of me getting the phone. I have been using chrome and the problem has never reappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weird. Happened to me twice in a row one night. I'm still using stock browser and haven't seen it again. I was worried it was the battery. Then I thought it was an app but since it hasn't happened again (about three weeks) I have no idea what caused it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Update on my end as well. Switched to chrome and haven't seen the issue since then. All I have to say about chrome... Why didn't I switch before! Great browser with nice features... Will be getting it for my computer too! So I can take full advantage.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well the issue hit me today. Its been about 2 weeks, but happened out of nowhere. Been using Chrome and it still occurred. I may have to get it replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't had it come back. That is a bummer it came back for you. Let me know if a replacement fixes it. Hope you don't have to. It's such a pain to get a replacement phone.

Good luck.

medeski7

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. I wanted to post that I also have been having this issue. My phone was full stock. I swapped it out with a replacement that was sent as a "like new replacement," my guess is that it was a refurbished phone, and the replacement had this issue within 48 hours of me getting it. I've now swapped a second time, and I'm praying that it doesn't happen again. I switched to chrome today to try to have the phone behave better.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I wanted to post that I also have been having this issue. My phone was full stock. I swapped it out with a replacement that was sent as a "like new replacement," my guess is that it was a refurbished phone, and the replacement had this issue within 48 hours of me getting it. I've now swapped a second time, and I'm praying that it doesn't happen again. I switched to chrome today to try to have the phone behave better.

this is why i refuse to switch mine out right now. i have a gut feeling this has to do with the G7 update...waiting it out for HE

marciedonato

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue... I'm convinced now it's the stock browser.. Using Chrome now. Thank you!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it matters whether you use stock or chrome browser. I have tried both and the problem occurs with either. It doesn't happen often enough for me to do a warranty exchange so I am not sweating it. It seems to happen on my phone when I am on the internet or using an app that accesses the internet. The phone rings, I finish the call without any issues, but when I try to end the call, the screen is black and a battery pull is the only solution. I need to test it out to see if I can duplicate the issue for sure. Will advise my test results.

jjou812

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Have had phone for 9 days. Has frozen 4 times requiring battery pull. All stock. Very few apps.

Has anyone found the real solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz