swype or swiftkey 3

swype or swiftkey3

• Total voters

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have used them both. They both have pros and cons. Your preference really.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I also prefer SwiftKey 3, it has been my keyboard since I downloaded it. But try them both. The most pretty sure they both offer trial period or free versions that you can try first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hands down SwiftKey 3 I can't use any other keyboard you just have to get semi close to the word and it knows what your talking about I can type so fast with it. See if it comes on sale for $0.25 with the promotion going on and I would jump right on it. I would recommend using the free trial first to get the hang of it but trust me you will never look back after making this purchase.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Why take only one input method? Check out FlexT9, you can do either Swype or keyboard typing entry. It became my go to keyboard.

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a lot of keyboards and anything other than Swiftkey winds up causing frustration for me. The predictive text on Swiftkey is just so much better than anything else out there. Swype is fun to use and I do switch over to it sometimes but I always go back to Swiftkey.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Why take only one input method? Check out FlexT9, you can do either Swype or keyboard typing entry. It became my go to keyboard.
FlexT9 is the best keyboard, unfortunately Nuance has quit supporting FlexT9 you cannot get it at the Play store or Amazon. I suspect they've dropped it in favor of Swype.

I use both but perfer Swype, on phones there is no competition swype is just better. On tablets Swiftkey is on par. However what is nice about Swiftkey is once you buy it you can install it on any device, where swype is always a bit of a pain to install, in some cases impossible.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used both but currently using Swype on both of my phones :), so Swype(hands up) gets my vote

Edit : I broke the tie with 15-14 in favor of Swype :p

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
FlexT9 is the best keyboard, unfortunately Nuance has quit supporting FlexT9 you cannot get it at the Play store or Amazon. I suspect they've dropped it in favor of Swype.

Nooo .... I didn't know that the had incorporated FlexT9 into Swype. Still find flexT9 in Amazon for me. Swype just has different feel. Maybe need to grab latest beta. With that bit of info Swype gets my vote :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12