swype or swiftkey 3

swype or swiftkey3

• Total voters

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Having used both, I must say I favor SK3. Swype just annoyed me after awhile, but I cannot put my finger on exactly why.

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Swype is by far my favorite but I've recently switched to Swift Key because of an odd editing problem with swype. Does anyone else who uses swype have a problem where you try to edit something that you typed and the words start to over lap. Or when pressing backspace the cursor jumps to the middle of the word. Sometimes with swype I couldn't even see what I typed unless I hit the back button and as soon as the keyboard went away the text appeared. It's really strange. Swype is way faster for me but those issues were so annoying I finally switched to Swift Key.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Swype is by far my favorite but I've recently switched to Swift Key because of an odd editing problem with swype. Does anyone else who uses swype have a problem where you try to edit something that you typed and the words start to over lap. Or when pressing backspace the cursor jumps to the middle of the word. Sometimes with swype I couldn't even see what I typed unless I hit the back button and as soon as the keyboard went away the text appeared. It's really strange. Swype is way faster for me but those issues were so annoying I finally switched to Swift Key.

Were you using the stock Swype keyboard that comes with the G3 or were you using the Swype Beta? Swype | Text Input for Screens
There is a difference, and Swype Beta is so much better than the one that comes with the G3. If anyone downloads the Swype Beta, make sure you check Swype Beta in the phone settings (language and input) and also make sure to change the default keyboard to Swype Beta. You'll know you have the Beta version when the keyboard trace color is ORANGE.

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Been using swype for years. Just downloaded SwiftKey 3 to try. Not sure if I could get used to not swyping. Although it is pretty cool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
After reading this, I decided to try Swype again. I had used it for a time about a year ago. Once I tried Swiftkey back then, I immediately realized that Swype was just novel, and more of a hassle then it was worth.
But, trying the new Swype Beta, I see that it is significantly better then it was when I last tried it. Much more accurate then before, and it includes much smarter text predictions. Worth testing it out for anyone wonder what to go with.

It will take me a few weeks to play with it to decide again.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Swype for a week now and I really dig it. It makes one handed typing really easy. I also like using it when I'm typing on my phone while it is resting on my desk. Just a cool keyboard. I have not tried Swift Key. But I have heard good things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone get text problems with Swiftkey and Chrome? When it autocorrects, the cursor jumps and it winds up messing up earlier text. It's quite annoying. I've been trying Thumb Keyboard because of this and maybe I'll try Swype again. Thanks for the info on the pre-installed Swype vs. the beta - I was having text problems with the pre-installed Swype.