Rotate upside down?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to get the GS3 to rotate upside down? I stand up the phone on my desk so I hve to hav eit upside if it is plugged in to charge. I use it for reading and the screen won't rotate all the way around. I did some searching and see that it's the phone's problem and not the reader programs (I tried 3). Does anyone know any way to make this work? Why the heck would the purposefully not let the screen rotate to updside down? ARGH!!

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a wireless router on or near your desk?
I have mine on my desk and the wireless signal keeps the screen from rotating properly. This happens with my Droid X and Bionic also, leave the area and screen rotation is back.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a wireless router on or near your desk?
I have mine on my desk and the wireless signal keeps the screen from rotating properly. This happens with my Droid X and Bionic also, leave the area and screen rotation is back.

I'm at work so I have no idea where the nearest access point is. The screen rotates fine, it just won't rotate to the fully upside down position. Someone said they chatted with Samsung or Verizon and they said it just doesn't do it. I'm just trying to find any way around it.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh, the other thing is it's a work phone with MobileIron on it so I can't root. :( Can a launcher be installed without rooting?

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just played with my phone and sure enough it doesn't rotate upside down at all.
Yes you can use a launcher without being rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad