Txt messages suddenly fail to send

nmbr6ruls

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My S3 just up an decided not to send txt messages. It will time out and say it failed. I have to keep retrying and retrying and it will finally go. I am using handcent, so i tried stock messenger and the same thing happens. Any ideas? Btw, 4 bars of service.:(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Are you referring to SMS or MMS? Have you installed any new apps recently?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My S3 just up an decided not to send txt messages. It will time out and say it failed. I have to keep retrying and retrying and it will finally go. I am using handcent, so i tried stock messenger and the same thing happens. Any ideas? Btw, 4 bars of service.:(

I would first try and clear/delete any MMS messages, and retry sending a few mssgs. Secondly, I would clear/delete any unnecessary text mssgs. you might have reached a the limit.

nmbr6ruls

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Sms. Haven't tried a mms. Yes I've rebooted, pull the battery, deleted all old messages. Acted up this morning but since then they've all sent through. Maybe it is a network problem.?

morrisdl

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue but always in the same physical location(s). One is Dullas Airport Terminal A. 6 bars, 4g, but no data or txting. Sucks!

Gaige Terry

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. I was texting my girlfriend and went to her house. Before I left she told me to txt her when I got home and let her know that I'm home. But when I returned home I tried texting her and my txt failed. So I tried again and again and it kept failing. The next morning I still cannot txt her but I can txt anybody else in my contacts and its fine. Any solutions? Please help.

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it's a Verizon issue cause I have seen numerous posts all over about it. Started 2 days ago

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Android Central Forums

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I randomly have this issue.. The big problem I have is sometimes it actually is sent but I keep hitting retry and the recipient will get 3 texts but my text app shows failed. I don't use any 3rd party apps just standard one on phone

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

e2230236

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. I was texting my girlfriend and went to her house. Before I left she told me to txt her when I got home and let her know that I'm home. But when I returned home I tried texting her and my txt failed. So I tried again and again and it kept failing. The next morning I still cannot txt her but I can txt anybody else in my contacts and its fine. Any solutions? Please help.

I've had the same issue on my Galaxy S2. In my case it was the contact picture which bugged the whole contact (even though the contact picture was 'empty'). I selected a new contact picture (the default one), and it worked again.
Hopefully that'll resolve your issue as well.