Blue tooth issues and audio jack

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks

Okay so here it is... I use blue tooth in the car and not the ear piece... Hands free system... Mitsubishi 2012 galant... Here's the problem... Whenever I get an incoming call while the audio jack is plugged in.. I can't hear the person until the jack is removed... Hence I use audio jack for music in my car stereo...I asked samsung and there completely clueless... Secondly... Whenever I receive a call... It automatically defaults to both speaker phone and blue tooth and it's driving me insane... So any help would be appreciated thank you very much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused - if you're using bluetooth in the car, why is the audio jack plugged in? If bluetooth isn't working to play music, that's the problem you should focus on solving first.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
The exact same issue and I don't have bluetooth in my car. It's a slight inconvenience which I would love to overcome.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S3 Rooted/Unlocked

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone for music too.. That's why it's plugged in.. I thought I said that... And whenever I get a call it defaults to speaker and blue tooth

stonegateguy

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Does your car not have a bluetooth audio input? My 2012 Mazda has bluetooth built in. My head unit has one button that says "phone" (obviusly for making calls and bluetooth pairing) and then there is another button that says "aux". Pressing AUX once selects the aux headset jack in the car. Pressing the AUX button one more time selects the Bluetooth audio input so you can stream music wirelessly from your phone.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar gripe in that I do have my BT setup for phone *and* audio...which is great...but whenever I want to use the navigation, I have to switch it over to aux to hear the turn by turn directions...when I'd rather listen to the radio or or something else and just have the voice come through the phone. It's easy enough to switch BT off before I engage nav, but then I almost always get a call that I can't answer because BT isn't on!

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I want to figure out the first issue... How to stop the phone from defaulting to speaker and blue tooth when receiving an incoming call

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There may be an option in the phone to use external speakers. I know people were mentioning it when they were using the new ibolt phone dock. Seems that phones using the head set jack had to switch that setting to allow the phone to use the cars speakers for calls. If you look through the ibolt review feed you may find the answer you are looking for... If I can find the forum I will post the link.

Edit: here's the link

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=197785

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue. If you search some older posts you will find a lot about it. I have the exact same issue. I use a BT headset and I plug into the aux port and have the same trouble. I ended up buying a tunelink BT audio streaming device for my car to solve the issue. I am hoping this gets addressed with the 4.1 OTA.

stonegateguy

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Stone, however this is a separate issue, unfortunately! That was the reason I bought the Tunelink BT device. I appreciate you posting the link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
There is an app named SoundAbout. The pro version allows routing of phone calls and Bluetooth. You can route the media to "Wired Headphone" and the phone call can be set to "let phone decide" or "bluetooth".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21