screen goes black during phone call

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There is no option in JB 4.2 Call setting.......> turn off proximity sensor

Look in all the phone settings. It may be under "Call", or even "Accessibility". So look at all the lists for every option in Settings for "Proximity Sensor".

Also, if you find it, select "Power Button Ends Call".

That way if the screen does go black during calls at least you can wake it with the power button.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ahsan Ashraf

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Resolution:
Turn on Hands Free Mode. Settings (the gear) --> Controls
Screenshot_2014-10-09-12-23-50.jpg

Look for a steering wheel and turn it on.

Go into that Hands free menu and turn off/on the settings appropriate to you.
Screenshot_2014-10-09-12-24-00.jpg

Drawback: You must lock your screen manually while on calls.

I assume you have hands free mode...

I am an android developer:
Alternatively, if you or others still can not get past this issue please msg me and I will put together an app that solves this over the weekend.

App function would be:
-whenever you are on a call the code/app will be invoked to start and run in the back ground only for the duration of the call.
- when you press the home button or lock screen button, the password screen / unlock screen should show.

Anyways, if there is enough interest i'll do it.
ahsan.noorudin.ashraf at gmail.com

Hope this posts helps!!

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have facing the same problem with my new Yureka mobile, as my screen goes off when I tried any call(Incoming or outgoing). Can you please send me the clear answer for this.Some time the screen totally on and some time it totally off. reply me soon..

Thanks in Advance..

Deepak Satpute

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
MY devise is also YU Yureka
When calling the screen goes completely blank no access.
please help

I can't find calibration 'Als_ps'. Please tell me where is it?

pkkkkka pk

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
lTHIS IS NOT BIG PROBLEM I AM ALSO FACE THIS PROBLEM VERY EASY SOLUTION OF THIS PROBLEM 1- YO REMOVE SCREEN GUARD OR TEMPERED GLASS OF YUREKA AND CLEAN THE SCREEN AFTER THIS PROCESS YOUR SENSOR IS WORKING BETTER......

Tammy Davis2

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
xoayr
Thank you Soooo much for the help ! I did your option 2 (going into call settings and undoing "Turn screen off during calls" ...and it works now !! i was getting so frustrated when every time I would press the call button the screen would go dark and I would have to hit the home button to turn it on again just to use the speaker button.... just irked me , so Thanks Again ! (didn't realize it were that simple :)

Pilgrimdou11

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
My solution how to fix the screen goes black when calling or Proximity sensor doesn't work correctly.
Samsung A5 2016, no root:

Settings - Display - Screen Mode

Default setting was "Adaptive Display" and after I changed it for the next one "AMOLED Cinema" everything works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463