Do You Like Your S3?

AFirefighter

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm trying to get rid of my Thunderbolt. It has been really nothing but problems since day 1. I'm looking into the S3, or if an S4 drops before that - great! For those who have had their S3 for a while are you happy with it? Does it drop data often or is that not a problem? Does Google Maps work often, or does it have issues 50% of the time? Do you like the camera?

Thanks so much!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I love my S3. Came from a Droid Razr Maxx and it was a massive upgrade. I loved the Maxx but the S3 is amazing to me. Camera is great, data has been pretty solid. Slightly weaker than my Maxx but nothing close to a deal breaker.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I came from a pos Thunderbolt to the S3 on launch day in June and I love it (now that I have SwiftKey installed)!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my S3 - a BB convert and haven't been sorry. I have had zero issues with it. I started with the 16gb version but swapped for the 32gb version. Nothing was wrong with the 16gb, but it was simply personal preference.

Fireman2252

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I really like the s3. I was an apple fanboy and had every iPhone including the iPhone 5 and after doing a ton of research I decided to try android and the s3 was the best one out so I dove In and haven't looked back. I will say it is taking some getting used too but that's because I used the same OS for 5 years. The screen is an absolute beast and it's amazingly thin.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
But of course, its the latest and greatest. Love everything about the phone, really no complaints and thats saying alot because i switch phones every few months or so. Data and camera is spot on. I will say that HTC cameras are better, but the s3 cam is nothing to be ashamed about.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Tbolt to the S3. All of it is awesome! Radios, GPS, Camera, Video, Screen, Speed, Size/Weight, Software, TW. Blue 32gig. Stoked bro!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Galaxy Nexus and I can honestly say that this is the BEST phone I have EVER owned. It runs smooth like "butter", I have never had to restart the phone because it was running slow, all the added features are nice, screen and battery are great, etc. Not a single compliant. Plus I get 4G in most of the areas where the Nexus would only give me 3G.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For those who have had their S3 for a while are you happy with it? Does it drop data often or is that not a problem? Does Google Maps work often, or does it have issues 50% of the time? Do you like the camera?

I started with a couple of different BBs, came to Android via the Thunderbolt and transitioned to the S3 one week after it came out on VZW. The S3 has been great, so I guess you'd say I'm happy with it. I was never unhappy with the Thunderbolt. I just realized what it was/when it was and adapted to a few things with it. On the other hand the S3 has required no adaption. It just works.

As for the drop data, what's that? I don't have a problem with that issue. I do downgrade to 3G once in a while when I'm out and about, but that is really a factor of my locale in the mountains. I dropped to 3G with my Thunderbolt, too.

Google Maps: It always works for me - 100% of the time. I really didn't know that it didn't work for some poeple on their other phones. I do use it often and have even used it in place of my navigation system built into the car. It works better than the one from the car maufacturer.

Camera: Yeah, it's fine - certainly better than the one on the Thunderbolt. However, I'm not one to use the camera phone that much. It only gets occasional use from me. I prefer to use my DSLR for good photographs.

I will just add that S-Voice that comes on the S3 is absolutely, totally and without question one of the worst applications I've ever used. It's terrible. However, if you root and replace S-Voice with Google Now from JB, the phone will be perfect. I'm still running ICS, not JB, but Google Now works perfect on my S3. Hands-down it's really accurate.

Good luck on your decision.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
had my s3 one wk. fabulous. no dropped data. did change the stock browser as it dimmed. switched to dolphin. use naviigation icon for gps. it is turn by turn. works perfect. downloaded gtunes for free music. works great. changed my keyboard for larger keys and unchecked everything regarding keyboards. no longer inserting words for me. turned off auto on display light and put it to maximum. in and out of cell all day using data and batery life lasts me most of day. it then charges really fast. a 1/2 hr might give you another 5 hrs. really really good phone.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I swapped my EVO LTE for the S3. No comparisson! The S3 does so much more, more home screens, the screen seems brighter, just a much better phone. I have no regrets getting the S3.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S3 is nothing short of amazing. It is pretty much the same feeling I got when I upgraded from the Droid to the Droid X, Droid X to Thunderbolt, etc... I still really like the Thunderbolt, one of my favorites.

You will not be disappointed. For example I studied this phone for weeks and decided to not get it. Then I played with one in the store and was sold.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm trying to get rid of my Thunderbolt. It has been really nothing but problems since day 1. I'm looking into the S3, or if an S4 drops before that - great! For those who have had their S3 for a while are you happy with it? Does it drop data often or is that not a problem? Does Google Maps work often, or does it have issues 50% of the time? Do you like the camera?

Thanks so much!

I have been happy with my S3.I pre-ordered it , and the phone arrived July 5th .I havent had any data drops.I havent had any issues with Google Maps,it has always worked flawless.As far as that goes I havent had any issues with the phone at all. :)

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Usually I am the only one in the house with the best phone but with the s3 I had to replace every phone with it it because the picture sharing was just too awesome! When we go out to see family, we all love instantly sharing all the pics we took.

CNTSTPDRMN

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S3 (coming from a Moto X2) and I can't say enough about it--- truly the best phone I've used and owned--- works flawlessly and it's speed in use makes it a joy to use. I did not like the mail app, so I went back to maildroid--- and that works great on this phone (they've made some major improvements)--- I use swiftkey for my keyboard, but that's the beauty of android, the ability to change things you don't like. I looked at the iPhone 5 compared to my s3, it's so puny and you need glasses to view that phone! I took photos at a melissa etheridge concert a few days ago and the photos I took were amazing--- so yes I love this phone--- could not imagine using my Moto X2 after this.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I came to the S3 after my Evo4G dumped and Sprint acted like Verizon does to many who needed an early upgrade. I had an S2, but sold it as it was more like a Samsung Evo4G than anything new. I tried a GNex, but it had abysmal reception and battery life, so it was gone a week later. I have the S3 now and use Nova Launcher Prime and Swiftkey 3. This phone is perfect. Literally PERFECT. (Samsung's predictive text needs a serious rework) I see no need to root it, and no need to flash another ROM on it. A year from now, if I get bored, I may seek out a vanilla Android version which is what I prefer on a phone, but only if I can keep the same reception I currently have. I only have the 16GB one, with a 16GB SD Card in it, but it is plenty for me.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Migrated over from three years of webOS and really couldn't be happier with my new toy. I don't experience data "loss" much except in iffy areas, which I'd be losing data anyway. The camera is great for both stills and videos. It's a snappy phone, I think I've had to do 1 or 2 restarts since I got it a month ago. The odd app crash, but nothing overly frustrating. It was also a relatively easy phone to learn. The maps/navigation app works great as well, and also very accurate.

Sent from my Melita Tin Can & String

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae