Network speeds.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellow s3 friends on big red;im on at&t with an s3 of my own. And was wondering,since verizon has the largest lte network,what are other s3 owners on big red gettin'.? I switched over to At&t from sprint which was the best choice of my life lol. Currently,here in Knightdale, Nc im getting anywhere from 10-29Mbs on downlink,and 4-10 uploads. What about you guys on big red.? Specific cities and or states would be much appreciated.
Thanks.!

Sent from my S3:)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am in LA and have seen speeds in excess of 60 mbps multiple times on my gs3, and see in the 40s almost every day. Of course, speed depends on a variety of factors. Typically, I see 8-15mbps during peak periods with so-so signal. In fringe areas, signal would be less.

One thing with att is that they operate on 5x5 in some cities, 10x10 in others. Verizon operates 10x10 just about everywhere.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow s3 friends on big red;im on at&t with an s3 of my own. And was wondering,since verizon has the largest lte network,what are other s3 owners on big red gettin'.? I switched over to At&t from sprint which was the best choice of my life lol. Currently,here in Knightdale, Nc im getting anywhere from 10-29Mbs on downlink,and 4-10 uploads. What about you guys on big red.? Specific cities and or states would be much appreciated.
Thanks.!
I get about the same, after coming from sprint where I never could crack .3 mbs I am just amazed. I did realize that the speedtest uses a big chuck of data during the test so I am not a serial tester like I was with sprint.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Northern Colorado, Denver, and Colorado Springs all average around 13-17Mbps down and 8-10Mbps up. Network saturation. I've never seen any faster out here.

Ezye1313

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T I get around 18 down and 12 up on average with just two bars around Nashville, TN. Thats out in a rural area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
In Omaha I have seen as high as 21, but average 10 - 14 down and about 4-5 up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stoneyjonez

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I get around 30-40 Mbps download, and between 8-15 Mbps upload. This is in the Lehigh Valley PA (Allentown/Bethlehem/Whitehall area). Even when I don't get LTE, I get exceptional 3G speeds in areas I could barely even get 2G with other carriers (I've been with all of the big 4).