Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners - Tell Us Why You Are Upgrading To The Galaxy Note II .

negroberry68

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
....that's if you are upgrading of course.

I have owned my S3 for a little over 30 days, replacing my 10 month old Apple iPhone 4S and Man do I love my S3!. It's Fast, Fun, and Fantastic. The screen display, the camera, the live wall paper and widget experience, the features, the battery life, and yes the UI. This Phone Just Rocks! With all that praise there are some short comings; poor viewing in direct sunlight and S-Voice.

Now the reason for this post. The Galaxy Note II is just around the corner and I have been following that beast for the last two weeks, watching youtube videos, reading reviews, and posts and simply said... I Want It! I Want This Phone! I Want It Now!!! But why do I want it?

I want the Note 2 because:
1. It's going to have Android Jelly Bean 4.1 installed
2. The 5.55" HD display which means more content to see; video, text, images, graphics, etc.
3. The S Pen with the many S Pen applications usage
4. Double the Core and RAM and a bump on clock speed.
5. A bigger battery for more longer untethered voice and data consumption.
6. Multi-application usage with split-screen mode. (with the updated firmware of course)

I've already got beyond the "Do I need this phone if I already have the S3" discussion with my wife and friends. No, I do not need this phone but I want this phone.

I would never have considered the Note 2 with the 5.5" display if I still had my iPhone 4S. That would have been a huge leap, mentally speaking. It took me at least two weeks going into different wireless carrier stores to demo and compare hands on the SG3 models with the 4S, which now looks puny and sad.

I probably have to wait at least a month before I can afford to buy the Note II and I have to decide if I want to sell my SG3 or keep it and give to my wife and sell her iPhone 4

I would like to know what the community is considering. Will you sell your Galaxy S3?, Keep it and buy the Note II?, and more importantly what will be the driving decision in you getting this smartphone?

Thanks Everyone.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Some things to note: the S3 will be getting 4.1 soon, just fyi. Another is I don't think the note 2 actually has double the ram, just the same 2 gigs. Also the processor is cometely different being the Samsung chip (quad core yes). The multi Window function will be available for us S3 owners in the 4.1 update. Also consider the screen being the biggest consumer of battery, if the screen is increased in size it will consume more juice. I am betting battery life will indeed be a little better, but don't get too excited as I doubt it will be a huge increase over the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

negroberry68

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You're right on the RAM 2GB on both models. (my bad). I know that the U.S. models will eventually get Android JB 4.1 soon but when? I have the Verizon version so will Big Red deliver JB first? Possible but highly unlikely. I have not read about the multi-window feature on the S3 and I did not know that it was part of JB. I thought it was part of the Samsung TouchWiz UI.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
While no one has said when, I would bet soon. The 2 phones are just so similar.

stoneyjonez

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The bigger screen really makes no difference at all if the resolution is exactly the same. In fact it will look more pixelated, so I don't see that as a good reason to switch.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The bigger screen really makes no difference at all if the resolution is exactly the same. In fact it will look more pixelated, so I don't see that as a good reason to switch.

The Note 2 doesn't use Pentile anymore, so pixelation shouldn't be much of an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
the bigger screen , the s pen apps , the split screen , processor. im for sure getting this phone . i tried out a original note for a little bit and ive really been hoping and praying for verizon to get it. this phone would be such a great tool for my business and just plain fun for enterainment .

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Exynos quad core with 2 gigs of ram 5.5 inch 16:9 720 p screen 3100 mah battery

Muuaaahhhh! I am past the want or need stage!

PS. The multi task function is unique to the Note 2. The GS3 will not have this function from what I have read, and makes sense.

Koshnix

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I had an s3 as my back up to my iPhone 5 but I got rid of it so I can grab the note 2 and will decide over if I want to keep the nexus 7 or note 2 and return the other.

ThatsAngel

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got the S3 this past Monday, and learned about the Note II on Tuesday. (Obviously, I don't follow this stuff closely.) As tempted as I am to return the S3 and get the Note II when it releases, I just find it so impractical. Right now, I carry both the S3 and my iPhone 4S with ease. The phablet will complicate things greatly. I hate pocket clutter. But I'm remarkably shallow, though, so the ability to just say that I have something means the world to me. Truthfully, I'm still debating. The bigger screen is wonderfully obnoxious, but I'm coming from the 4S being my main phone, and the S3 screen satisfies the feelings of size envy there.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Their basically identical phones with exception of screen size and battery. JB will not be a deal breaker (few enhancements).

However, one phone you can carry in your pocket. The other phone you will need to buy a fanny pack....lol!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Their basically identical phones with exception of screen size and battery. JB will not be a deal breaker (few enhancements).

However, one phone you can carry in your pocket. The other phone you will need to buy a fanny pack....lol!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This. Here is everything you need to know.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You can run dual screen on the Note 2, its not just the pop up play function. Also the quad core Exynos is more powerful than the dual core S4, and have a much better gpu to boot.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It's called pop up play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwIe-rmrV8M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pop up play is when you can watch a video and do other things. Multi task is dual windows doing more than one task at a time which you can NOT do on the GS3. With or without JB. There are several enhancements with the Note 2 over the GS3 (software & hardware). The Note 2 is slightly narrower than the original Note and it fits just fine in my shirt pocket, and most of you guys put it in your pants pocket so no need for a fanny pack. You might take a look at phone dogs reviews on the Note 2.

This is all you need to know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy