Lag is killing me

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What can I do to speed this up?

I have no noticeable lag at all. I would suggest doing a factory reset and then re-adding your apps one by one until you figure out which one is causing the problem.
I realize that's drastic but you haven't provided any specifics.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
That sounds painful. Wish I could provide more details. I will say they bloat ware might be part of the problem. If I use a task killer and kill all, within seconds I have 30 programs running on the background again.

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the "memory booster" app. Got good reviews. Is that something I should un install?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a task killer. Android should be efficient enough on its own without one.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
can you tell us where and when you notice the lag OP? maybe we can work out the problem :)
reset is a last resort.
and yeah task killers should have died out with android 2.1 they really arent necessary mate ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I find its pretty bad while text messaging. I'm using Verizon messages for the app and SwiftKey for my keyboard.

Sometimes it's so bad everything just freezes for a minute.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely get rid of the task killer. Swiftkey should not be a problem. Do you notice the problem when using the stock text app versus Verizon messages? Restart after removing the task killer app and report back.

Are you running any other strange widgets that might be using a lot of CPU?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure power savings mode isn't selected? It's the only thing that causes lag om my phone (understandably).

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It was selected. What does power savings mode actually do? I've never paid attention to it till you said something.

I've gone ahead and turned it off for now.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It limits the maximum performance of the CPU.
Click on power saver (not on/off) and it will open a new menu. It's used more for if your battery is getting low and as the name implies.. saves power.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Try powering off the phone. Hold the volume up button, home key, and power button at same time. Once you see the recovery booting in top left corner release the buttons. Once recovery opens scroll down and select wipe partition cache. I repeat this selection for good measure. Then select reboot. Does not affect the apps in any way but does fix a lot of issues and bad files without a reset.
If you end up doing a factory reset, recovery is the best place to do it from.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Try powering off the phone. Hold the volume up button, home key, and power button at same time. Once you see the recovery booting in top left corner release the buttons. Once recovery opens scroll down and select wipe partition cache. I repeat this selection for good measure. Then select reboot. Does not affect the apps in any way but does fix a lot of issues and bad files without a reset.
If you end up doing a factory reset, recovery is the best place to do it from.

This might clean out the issues i continue to have after uninstalling Light Flow. I just Good for email, will this require my IT to send me a new activation code? Do you know?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It was selected. What does power savings mode actually do? I've never paid attention to it till you said something.

I've gone ahead and turned it off for now.

That should fix the problem. Maybe do. A battery pull after for good measure. If not, there are definitely good suggestions here. Just keep in mind that your battery may not last as long as it did. It shouldn't be a huge difference but may be noticeable

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This might clean out the issues i continue to have after uninstalling Light Flow. I just Good for email, will this require my IT to send me a new activation code? Do you know?

I am not sure what you mean but you should not have an issue with wiping partition cache.

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It's much better after taking power savings mode off. I'm going to try that other semi reset thing as well. Can't hurt. But it's shockingly better with the power savings mode off. I also went into the app manager and disabled things that I never use.

I wish we could delete the bloat ware. There's a lot of crap running in the background I would to dump off the phone.

anon(136244)

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's much better after taking power savings mode off. I'm going to try that other semi reset thing as well. Can't hurt. But it's shockingly better with the power savings mode off. I also went into the app manager and disabled things that I never use.

I wish we could delete the bloat ware. There's a lot of crap running in the background I would to dump off the phone.

You can disable a lot of it. Go to settings, app manager, all apps tab. Select the one you want to disable. If you can disable it, there will be a "disable" button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20