Home WiFi Network Disabled

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It may be as simple as one day you told it not to auto connect to the network. Try forgetting the network and then connecting to it again.

Posted via Android Central App

slandango

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
@ Vudumedic

thanks for putting me into that direction again.
I already had done the "forget" network procedure once but it seems that it wasn't enough.
After your hint I deleted the connection from my router and from my android device and set it all up again this time using WPS.
And presto: auto-connect is working again. :)

slandango

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I cheered too early :(
It worked for a few days and now I'm back at the same status as before.
I. e. the automatic connection fails and the wifi status shows my home network as disabled.
But when I click on the connection and select "connect" it immediately connect.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
slandango,
I don't know what a 'Zopo ZP980' is or how similar the Android setup is, but you should be looking at things like: battery saver apps; power save features; sleep policy for the Wi-Fi settings; etc.

If you haven't tried clearing the system cache in Recovery mode you should try that.

Factory Reset is another option (after backup, of course).

And if your manufacturer offers some way of reloading the stock firmware that would be a final option.

Of course, since the phone connects fine at work it could just be your router at home. Have you made sure it has the latest firmware? Have you reset it recently?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

slandango

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello GSDer
I already had tried to reset my router but without any improvement.
As I already stated I can connect manually so the problem can definitely be solved on the phone.
I have no clue why it sees my home wifi as disabled nor what causes this status.
As I also wrote I had deleted the stored wifi on the phone as well as on the router and I re-connected using WPS. After that it had worked for 2 days, so I really doubt it is the router.
After your hint I have cleared my system cache and I also did a reset (boot) on the phone but guess what - my home wifi is again shown as disabled :-(
Reverting to a stock firmware or doing a full reset is not a real option.
Although there is a chance that I may find out if it is an app or a setting which causes the problem the whole process would cause a lot of trial and error.
It is not that I cannot live with manually connecting.
I may even get tasker and try if I can solve the problem with some macro or the like
I just asked this question to check if somebody else had a similar problem,
or if someone knows what "disabled" on a wifi means and how this status gets set.

datfella

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Your going to laugh here gals and guys. I aint one for smartphones but my girl loves them, she has been on my case to connect to our talktalk wifi for the last 3 months, I tried once about 3 months ago lol and said just use your free data roaming for now from vodafone. Well that runs out next week and I was forced down into our wonderful basement to connect to the talktalk router, which should have been a piece of cake considering I have a diploma in IT (I paint and decorate now by the way, much less stress).

I too had this 'disabled' problem and I could not for the life of me figure out what it was, I have a friend who also could not connect to his talktalk network, and was getting the disabled sign.... . After looking all over the net for a solution I came across this thread, and as soon as I read the dreaded word Kernel, I though hold up this has gone way too far, it has to be something a little simpler, and it was, it was much much much simpler, what I think no one else has mentioned. Just ensure you put the password in in uppercase, its that simple. The password which is on the router. The reason it is saying disabled is because you haven't enabled it, that's you the user, it worked for me, called my mate and it worked for him, for godsake stay away from the dreaded kernel, unless your hacking in Linux, pheewwww, hope this helps peeps. Laters patataz :O)

slandango

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you that you found a solution that worked for you.
In my case it doesn't apply though as my password is all numbers and thus there is no uppercase.
Also it cannot be a password issue if I register my device through WPS as this assures that the password is 100% correct.
What "disabled" really means is still not properly explained anywhere and what causes the state of "disabled" neither.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
slandango,
Here's something simple to try - just disable security on your router (temporarily of course) and see if the problem with your phone goes away. If it does, you know the issue involves security settings between the router and phone. Then you can focus on finding the right settings.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

slandango

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I already had tried to remove security settings but it did not cure the problem.
Again: I never had a problem to connect manually without entering a password.
It is just an extra step I have to go through. So the router definitely knows and accepts my device.
Even though the router may play a role in the process the problem can be solved solely on the device.
It should just be so clever to do automatically what I do manually, i. e. go to connect to a wifi although it is marked as disabled.
If I find the time to get into "tasker" I am pretty sure there will be a way to automate the process.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, sorry none of the suggestions have panned out, and thanks for being patient with us.

danagduma

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine is disable and I'm sure that I have put the password in right. But it still doesn't work, it's been like this for a few days. I re started my phone to see if there was a bug or something but it still isn't working please help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is disable
Welcome to the forums.

What is disabled - the Wi-Fi on the phone?
Does it even show a list of SSIDs?
Have you tried it somewhere else (preferably someplace with free Wi-Fi)?
Did anything else happen when this problem started?
What firmware are you running?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Elvis Ron

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem These are the steps I followed to fix it.

1. Tap and hold the network that is disabled
2. Select "Modify network config"
3. Enter the network password again.
4. Save the network

Your WiFi network should work fine.

Ramesh Sanga

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys i tried everything but some did not work or some worked temporarily... Then i just adjusted my wifi's plug point. Presto! Now it works just fine. But it may only be in my case so i m not 100% sure if it is a sokution at all or not. Plz tell whether it worked or not.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Then i just adjusted my wifi's plug point
Welcome to the forums!

If I had any idea what you meant by 'adjusting the plug point' I might be able to formulate some kind of intelligent reply; as it is I'm at a complete loss.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

appsy31

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem These are the steps I followed to fix it.

1. Tap and hold the network that is disabled
2. Select "Modify network config"
3. Enter the network password again.
4. Save the network

Your WiFi network should work fine.

Thanks Elvis Ron, you are a champ because your suggestion fixed my problem.

Washington Chitaka

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
i'm not well versed with the technical jargon but i'll try to give the details of my problem.
My device is a GT-S5360, android Version is 2.3.6 baseband version : s5360xxmk1, Kernel Version : 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL226 #1
Build Number : Gingerbread.XXMK1

My office network is disabled for my phone only, from new, it never worked. Home wifi works perfect, other wireless devices at the office connect well, laptops, phones..... what could be the problem. restarting, wps and show password could not solve the problem.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
My office network is disabled for my phone only, from new, it never worked.
So your phone lists the SSID of the network but when you enter the (case sensitive) password it does not connect?
And you've tried the various Security types (WEP, WPA, etc)?
Does your work network require that the MAC address of the device be entered in their database?
Does your work network require that the user accept a webpage agreement when you connect?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781