POP3 email receives but won't send.

Derek Smart

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: POP3 email receives but won't connect to server

I had the same problem on my Galaxy S5 too. I could RECEIVE but could not SEND.

In the OUTGOING mail settings, I set: SECURITY TYPE to: NONE
..and changed the Port value to: 25

That worked for me. I'm can now both RECEIVE & SEND emails.

Last edited:

Derek Smart

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Regarding my last post: I discovered after posting that info about SENDING emails on my Galaxy S5: Although I was able to SEND emails over the WiFi at my business location, when I got home, I found that I was unable to SEND over the WiFi at my home. So it seems there's more to figure out on this problem.

I have Comcast WiFi setup at my business location and Verizon WiFi at my home location... and Verizon is my service provider for my Galaxy S5 .

Last edited:

Joseph Moseley

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: POP3 email receives but won't connect to server

I had the same problem on my Galaxy S5 too. I could RECEIVE but could not SEND.

In the OUTGOING mail settings, I set: SECURITY TYPE to: NONE
..and changed the Port value to: 25

That worked for me. I'm can now both RECEIVE & SEND emails.

Thanks mate that's sorted it for me.

geocritical

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello Ken, I sent you a private message as I have issues with this situation myself. Wifi does not correct the situation.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated, thanks

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on a PC and an android device. It would be nice if the answer to the problem via Godaddy was posted in the forum vs a PM. That being said Ken I sent you a PM because I'm at wits end and about ready to change email hosting for my 4 domains and businesses.

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on a PC and an android device. It would be nice if the answer to the problem via Godaddy was posted in the forum vs a PM. That being said Ken I sent you a PM because I'm at wits end and about ready to change email hosting for my 4 domains and businesses.

I have replied to your private message. I request that customer's follow up via private message when it comes to providing items like your email address and other personally identifiable information.

big fish down under

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
S5 WON"T SEND EMAILS

tried all the suggestions in the feed but nothing works. setting are same as on my computer and on my old iphone 4S which can send and receive fine so there is no issue with servers. but for some reason i can send email from S5. it receives fine but won't send.
it is the same accross all of my email he phone but can't find it. any help appreciated.
accounts which have different servers , seems like its a setting on the phone.
i have tripled checked the out going server settings, deleted and set up accounts from scratch, have set up manually, tried different ports, tried with wifi turned off etc

carlosalinas

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi can you help me with that issue, im using a Samsung S4 Android v 4.2.2
I can receive emails but cant send them....

Regards,

Ive tried all ports described in webpage

Kristi Hill

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Yaaaa!!!!! I can finally send emails!! I spent hours yesterday trying multiple settings on my Moto X phone that had always been able to receive emails but not send. My local internet company said call AT&T and AT&T put it back on my internet company. Anyway, here are the settings that finally worked for me:

Incoming:
pop.secureserver.net for me that was: pop.centurytel.net
port 110
Security: none

Outgoing:
smtpauth.secureserver.net for me that was: smtpauth.centurytel.net
Port 587
Security: none
Require sign in: check yes
Enter your email address and password

I hope this helps. It was extremely frustrating for me that it wasn't working and the "experts" were not able to help.
~Kristi

bobtrub

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I got it working by opening a command prompt. Then ping your e-mail server and copy down it's ip address. I then entered the ip address as the outgoing mail server. (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) It works fine now

Hope this helps