Phone shuts off after taking a picture.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me once last month ....In front of my friend After debating with him about his iphone... I was like really... Hasn't happened since

Sent from my GS3....

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like a sucks!
Are you a robot? Back to back pointless posts...
Anyway.. Try clearing data for the Camera app . This has worked with me on some problems.. Also, that last update from VZW says something about helping with reboots, are you up to date?

chadrob30

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
It was flash on or off, I am up to date, and it was the stock camera app. It has worked itself out I guess. After 5 battery pulls it was fine.

MadreMonstruo

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That just started happing to me tonight. at first I thought maybe it was because my battery was really low. so I charged it. and It was still doing it. So I put in one of my backup batteries and it's totally fine now. might be a crappy battery?

ttwiv

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
On my Nexus 6p after replacing the battery with a new one that seems to otherwise be working fantastic, if battery charge is ~60 or less and I take a picture with HDR turned on, the phone dies and won't turn back on unless I plug it into a charger. Only have to plug it into the charger to turn phone on, then unplug and battery is still at same charge as before it died and works great as long as I don't take HDR photos. Works fine with flash on or off, but HDR must be off.

I'm not sure if this was happening before I changed the battery, because it was my son's phone before that, and he rarely took pictures. The reason for changing the battery on this 1.9 year old 6p is because with original battery it would shutdown at 15% life remaining, and it drained very fast. New battery does not have this problem and has great battery life, but does have the HDR problem. Got new battery off Ebay, as have a lot of other 6p owners with good results.

One other curious thing is that if I leave phone on charger for a few hours after fully charged, battery level starts to go down while on charger. This was also true with original battery. Other phones I've had stay at 100% no matter how long on charger. It is supposed to be safe to leave plugged in, as charging technology now protects from overcharging. But my Nexus 6p seems to cut off charging altogether after it's been at 100% for a few hours.

My fix for the phone dying while taking pictures is to turn off HDR in my 6p camera app.

Last edited:

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
On my Nexus 6p after replacing the battery with a new one that seems to otherwise be working fantastic, if battery charge is ~60 or less and I take a picture with HDR turned on, the phone dies and won't turn back on unless I plug it into a charger. Only have to plug it into the charger to turn phone on, then unplug and battery is still at same charge as before it died and works great as long as I don't take HDR photos. Works fine with flash on or off, but HDR must be off.

I'm not sure if this was happening before I changed the battery, because it was my son's phone before that, and he rarely took pictures. The reason for changing the battery on this 1.9 year old 6p is because with original battery it would shutdown at 15% life remaining, and it drained very fast. New battery does not have this problem and has great battery life, but does have the HDR problem. Got new battery off Ebay, as have a lot of other 6p owners with good results.

One other curious thing is that if I leave phone on charger for a few hours after fully charged, battery level starts to go down while on charger. This was also true with original battery. Other phones I've had stay at 100% no matter how long on charger. It is supposed to be safe to leave plugged in, as charging technology now protects from overcharging. But my Nexus 6p seems to cut off charging altogether after it's been at 100% for a few hours.

My fix for the phone dying while taking pictures is to turn off HDR in my 6p camera app.

This completely describes my recent problem. After replacing my 6p battery, phone completely shuts down after taking a picture, randomly. I'll try your HDR suggestion and see if this helps. Thanks

Yeye8621

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
Ik this post is old but I've been having this problem with my galaxy S6 edge plus also, having to put phone on charger to be able to turn it back on. my battery was replace not even a yr now and with that being said now my phone wont turn on or even charge. Should I replace battery again?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc