05-29-2018 05:38 PM
71 123
tools
    I am having this issue in downloading a picture from SMS or in Google Chrome. It will say it downloaded but never shows up in my gallery like it use too. I will restart the phone and may be 70% of the time it will actually show up after a restart. Pretty annoying thing when I say a lot pictures daily.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-14-2013 08:28 PM
    You have to turn on mobile data

Galaxy S IV
    08-14-2013 08:47 PM
    But don't worry you won't get charged if you don't have data. Just turn off background usage or all apps

Galaxy S IV
    08-14-2013 08:48 PM
    My mobile data is turned on. That cannot be the problem.

08-15-2013 08:19 AM
    Have you tried using a File Manager to look for the picture that you saved after it says that it was successfully downloaded? It should be in /storage/sdcard0/Download - that'll at least prove that the file was saved correctly, and then we can focus on the Gallery app being the culprit.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-2013 12:05 PM
    I went into the downloads app on the phone. It shows the file/picture as being successfully downloaded. But, when I go into the stock gallery app it doesn't show the picture. Nothing has changed, that I know of, settings wise. Just kind of happened.

Maybe I can try another gallery app?

08-15-2013 01:26 PM
    Drat - removed link. I'll look for the source of the apk.
    08-16-2013 12:23 AM
    Link did not work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-16-2013 07:57 PM
    I have the Galaxy4 and can never download a pic. I have tried finding this "data" to turn on, but do not see anything that is even close. Can I get it dumbed down for me?
    09-29-2013 06:40 PM
    glyndagyrl,This is necessary if you're trying to download a picture in an MMS.
    If you're trying to download pictures in a browser or somewhere else you should be able to do that with a Wi-Fi connection.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-29-2013 07:17 PM
    Many thanks for the help & screen shots ! (newbie)
    Not that tech savvy & the missus' phone could not or would not show any photo's that I had sent...now working .. all good.
    Much luck to you all.
    Robbie.
    02-27-2014 01:02 PM
    OKAY! so i was trying to figure out this because I had the same problem, except mine would register as "Could Not Download" constantly and it would really bug me, so i was playing around with the settings and i finally got it!

For Android Valet (may work on other androids hopefully!):
    1) Go to Settings
    2) Once in Settings, click on Mobile Networks
    3)If Data enabled is unchecked, CHECK IT!
    4)Go back to messages to see if you can download whatever it was!

Hope this helps anyone that needs it because its so embarresing when you have to ask them to email/facebook it to you!
    03-23-2014 04:09 PM
    I had the same problem, except mine would register as "Could Not Download" constantly
    Welcome to the forums, and thanks for posting your solution!

I realize that it may be rather tedious reading through all of the posts in a thread, but it's generally a good idea, if for no other reason than to see the various solutions that may have already been posted and to avoid posting the same information over again (see two posts above yours).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2014 11:58 PM
    Settings>>>More settings(under 'wireless and network')>>>Scroll to bottom and click Mobile networks>>> Make sure use packet data is checked, well I don't have packet data option when I go here. I have these options: Mobile Data, Data Roaming, Access Point Names and Network operators. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    04-05-2014 05:49 PM
    When I receive a message as an attachment or from the phones camera i see the text but in place of the picture I have a square with a triangle with a explanation mark in it. I can tap the square and get the option to save it, I save it to the download folder and then I can see it in the folder ok. any ideas?
    04-05-2014 06:39 PM
    Mobile Data
    = Packet data

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2014 04:56 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Straight Talk with AT&T as a carrier. After over 5 hours with their VERY BAD tech support and a complete reset of my phone I am still unable to receive pictures in texts OR group text messages. I also get the box with the data on size, expiration date and a Download button that always ends up with a failure when pushed. I am hoping that someone here is smarter. I have reviewed all of the threads above and have done all of the above to no avail. Ideas?

UPDATE: In case this helps anyone else. They finally discovered that a system update that had been done did not support my Samsung Galaxy S2 and when they installed a patch to support it everything finally worked. Of course that was after having to rebuild my phone completely and over 6 hours of time, but at least it works now.
    04-09-2014 12:17 AM
    Who did u talk to fix this problem?? Because i have the same phone, straight tallk, and ATT. So please guide me in the right direction..
    05-04-2014 05:31 PM
    I have tried every one of these ideas. My galaxy S3 was working fine until a few days ago and then it stopped receiving MMS pictures. My wife has the same phone and she has no problems. I have compared Settings item for item and everything is the same on both phones.

HELP!
    08-17-2014 07:39 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    My galaxy S3 was working fine until a few days ago and then it stopped receiving MMS pictures.
    Have you contacted the carrier? Perhaps something got hosed at their end.

Are you using the stock Messaging app?
    Do you get the little 'Download' placeholder in an SMS?

You do have Mobile data turned on?

08-17-2014 08:08 PM
    I get a message that says mms cant download at this time. my mobile data is turned on so I dont get it
    09-25-2014 12:58 PM
    I get a message that says mms cant download at this time. my mobile data is turned on so I dont get it
    Does the Internet (or anything else that has data access) work normally?
    Have you tried turning Wi-Fi off?
    Is SMS working normally?

09-25-2014 04:40 PM
    Hi Test "IdiooT", did you have to bring it for servicing and did they have to wipe out all your data and texts on the phone? Or were they able to fix it remotely through electronic updates. I have the same problem with my S5 where I can't receive pictures or send pictures but I can still receive text through SMM. I have the same box with the data on size, expiration date and download button but I also can't send pictures, it gets hung up. I called my carrier after reading your issue and they said they tried doing an update to fix it and that since that didn't work there was nothing they could due except me bringing in my phone for physical servicing. I don't believe them. This is so frustrating.
    09-30-2014 09:07 PM
    AT&T netwrk requires that your phone be registered on thier network 1st to access data. Call your provider and give them model and serial#.
    11-09-2014 08:18 AM
    Gotta switch on your mobile data, like someone else stated in this forum, you probably can't download MMS text messages because you're hooked up to the Wi-Fi, and your mobile data is switched off.
    Switch your mobile data on, and your phone should now be able to download MMS messages. Only mobile network can download MMS files for some dastardly reason.
    11-20-2014 05:25 AM
71 123