Should I buy the Verizon GS3?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The SGS3 isn't the best phone, its a superior phone to the iPhone for many reasons. But the best phone is the one that serves you the best. The iPhone is simple, fast and does pretty much everything well. The apparent return of Google maps will also help to fix a few recent complaints. I would suggest reviewing what your needs are first then looking at which phone fits your requirements. For some people the bigger screen is a positive while for others its a negative. Maybe you find the many options android offers to be confusing rather than helpful. These are key things to think about. The iPhone gets you doing lots of things really well. The Samsung phone gets you doing all of these plus 50 more things on a bigger screen. Only you will know which device works right for you.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
As far as battery life, in a 4G area I can get about 4 hours of on screen time and plug in at the end of the day about 16 hours later without my phone being dead. I cannot complain about the battery life...

Also, I would not be comparing the S3 to the iPhone. If you want to compare you really should be comparing to other top Android devices. It isn't really fair to compare the old stale iPhone no matter what number you throw behind it to the S3.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
As far as battery life, in a 4G area I can get about 4 hours of on screen time and plug in at the end of the day about 16 hours later without my phone being dead. I cannot complain about the battery life...

Also, I would not be comparing the S3 to the iPhone. If you want to compare you really should be comparing to other top Android devices. It isn't really fair to compare the old stale iPhone no matter what number you throw behind it to the S3.

:beer: cheers to that.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually, even on a family plan that isn't switching to the new Share Plans, you can switch to a tiered Data Plan (2 GB for $30, 5 GB for $50) and not lose your current plan. While 2 GB isn't much if you're on WiFi enough it will get you by (as long you don't stream much video - you can stream music with a 2 GB cap).

RogerThat99

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got a GS3 a couple of days ago. I came from the Dinc2. I love the GS3 so far. There are some things I like better about HTC Sense, but nothing I can't live without. The battery life is OK, but you are always playing with a new phone constantly for the first couple of days.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The gs3 is really the superior phone.

It's the cutting edge phone vs iPhone 5 which would have been an amazing phone TWO YEARS AGO!

If the iPhone 5 of today was the iPhone 4 of 2 years ago it would have been a great phone, but now Apple has halogen behind and Samsung has taken the lead

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
IPhone is tiny and unexciting. Lots of ppl switching to gs3. Put them side by side. IPhone looks like a toy. Any way they are both great phones but I would never get an iPhone over my gs3. No comparison.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

roaztb33f

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had both the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3 and the two have a lot of unique benefits. I enjoyed the simplicity iOS has to offer but the little details that Android offers make it stand alone. The GS3 has improved greatly in battery performance, attributed mostly to the enhanced processor. The 2GB of RAM translate into virtually little to no lag. The camera is also superb. Between the two I'd sway more towards the GS3. But its always going to be a matter of opinion.

gtgirl88

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
i had a iphone 4s and hated it.. i complained all the time.. went through 3 or 4 replacement phones in a year.. i love my s3.. only thing i can say in iphones favor is the battery last longer. other then that s3 is way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34