Gallery concern

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if someone already posted this, but I did a search and could not find the answer. When I open my gallery at home and I'm on my wifi (haven't tried it at work because I just noticed yesterday) I can see the names of my childrens computer when they are online, but I don't see mine or my husbands nor do I see our phones or tablets. When I'm on 4g I don't see them. Why am I seeing this? How can I fix it?

It looks like this. In the first column of gallery it list the computers, but all the other columns are my pictures.

computer1-PC-Michael
computer2-PC-Sally
computer2-PC-computer2
computer1-PC-Mikey

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Not really a gallery concern but the S3 like many devices can pick up on any and all computers/shared files that are visible to whatever network you're using (this is the reason why you have to be careful with your settings when using public networks lol)... You can change setting by going to: Settings>>>Wireless and networks>>>More settings>>>Nearby devices... also in the Gallery you can use Settings>>>View By>>> choose Content in device....

deuxcv

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
those computers have a shared folder of some sort with nothing in them. find it and turn off sharing and it will be fixred. has to be changed on the computers, not the phone. only show up when on the same network as them.one of my neighbors who i share a network with has a shared photo album on their computer and every day when i would come home my phone would find all 4000 photos and suck my battery dead. they fixed it but it still shows but instead of 4,377 it now says 0.

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The gallery picks up pictures shared by upnp/dlna from other computers. I don't know what term windows uses for this but that's something to check into. Unfortunately this behavior can't permanently disabled of the gallery app, which I found annoying enough to switch to a different picture viewer. I quite like QuickPic which is free, so you might also want to check that out. Note that the samsung music player and movie player also pick up music and movies over upnp/dlna, but you have to explicly select "nearby devices" to see them.

adamzenwine

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Use quickpic for your gallery, its free and you can hide those unwanted folders. Not to mention all the other features that the stock gallery doesn't have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89