1. mageus's Avatar
    I can guess most people's answers, considing this is the Samsung forum, but . . .

    Coming from a Thunderbolt, I have an upgrade available. I like AOSP ROMs. GB is a bit long in the tooth, and none of the current ICS ROMs for the Tbolt are stable. I want a ~5" hires multiprocessor phone with AOSP JB.

    My options are:
    - SGS3 - AOKP & CM10 appear quite stable, maybe even more so after the Sprint JB update gets disassembled
    - Wait for HTC DLX - hires screen and quad-core trumps the SGS3, but ROM future is unknown

    I was planning to get the SGS3 through Costco. I'm in CA, so tax kills getting it from anywhere else. Plus, I have 90 days to exchange for a new phone, which would be the DLX if the bootloader gets unlocked and good ROMs come out by January.

    However, Worst Buy has a sale tomorrow - VZW SGS3 for $100 (+ tax). This would yield ~$50 less than the total Costo price. If the DLX has a good chance at getting a GOOD AOSP JB ROM, I'll swallow that $50 for the chance at a possible upgrade to the DLX.

    Previous experience with HTC has been good, but the TBolt has left me disappointed. I need a stable AOSP JB phone for a daily driver.

    Any thoughts?
    10-25-2012 07:56 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Move to Verizon now or wait for LTE
    By jerrykur in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 08:29 PM
  2. Get a 4G now, or wait for better results later?
    By Coffeeman27 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
  3. Exchange Evo now or wait for a little?
    By jeffreykime in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 07:55 AM
  4. Droid now, or wait for Passion (When/If)??
    By Kaizmuth in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 04:40 PM
  5. upgrade my verizon phone now or wait for android
    By alex5252 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM