Trouble with 64g sd card and Music Player

skopel

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 32g Galaxy S3 on Verizon. I recently changed my sd card from 32g to 64g (SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s). I loaded up the card and the internal storage with music (approx 11000 songs / approx 80g - 20g on internal storage and 60g on the sd card). Since making the change of sd cards, my Music Player app takes 16 seconds to show "All" the songs. When I had 6000 songs on internal storage and a 32g sd card, this process happened almost instantaneously. I'm using the Touchwiz Music Player, not sure if this is the same as the stock Android player. I tried the Meridian Pro music player with the same results.

Here's the question. Is this delay caused by Android searching through all the music in order to display the titles, or is my phone having trouble with the 64g card? I heard Phil mention that he was having issues with a 64g sd card in his GS3, so I wondered if you could shed some light on this issue?

Last edited:

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Just curious....I know that with my Evo, the class (speed) of the card didn't matter as the processor didn't really read much faster than a class 4 card would do. I use a class 10 in my S3, and it's frickin' QUICK with the music. Now, mine is only a 16GB, so it's 1/4th of the size of your card, but my music player (Poweramp) instantaneously plays a song. ZERO LAG in finding or playing. What class of card do you have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781