Adobe flash?

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to get rid of flash and stuff on the Internet but I can't find the app in the play store. Any help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The reason you can't find the Adobe Flash app on the Google play store is because Adobe yanked it and all versions of Adobe off the Google Play Store on August 15th, because Adobe is moving towards HTML5. The apk file is probably floating around. I think that you can find the link on the XDA Forums. I hope that helps a little.

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I found Adobe_Flash_Player_11.apk through a link at XDA Forums. I downloaded and installed it on both my Razr Maxx and S3. Both are rooted. I am running Cyanogen 10M2 on the S3 with an unlocked bootloader.

For the first time since Adobe pulled the plug on Android support I can now watch Flash enabled shows like Modern Family at abc.go.com.

You might have to sideload the apk onto your sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
First of all, I get why Flash has ceased support for Android. I get why Apple never wanted it in the first place. It's a platform that frankly is a PITA to deal with on a desktop computer, and I can only image that getting to work (efficiently) on mobile browsers is even more a challenge.

My problem is though that regardless how much Adobe or Apple or any says that HTML5 is the "way to go", there's nothing I can do to actually make the websites I'm trying to visit actually use it! I mean, it would be one thing if we're just talking about rinky-dink sites, but as someone mentioned, massive sites such as abc.go.com are still using Flash with no mobile alternative.

I guess my point is, I'm much more upset that major outlets like ABC won't adapt and embrace current mobile technology (even if they claim to), than I am at Adobe for pulling support for a platform that has never really worked right from the start, nor designed to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante