Google Play Music App Crashes

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been messing around with some cloud storage options from Google. The Play Music app looked promising, but it keeps crashing on me. As soon as I start it up, it crashes every time. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling updates and restarting my device.

Any other advice?

anon(258826)

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem. At one point I had a perfectly stable version running on my phone, then stupid me updated it. It's done nothing but crash since then, so I just disabled it entirely.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem. At one point I had a perfectly stable version running on my phone, then stupid me updated it. It's done nothing but crash since then, so I just disabled it entirely.

I got tired of having to empty the cache and delete the data for it every time it lost my album art or anything like that. Then it stopped going to the next song when the screen dimmed. So it would play the song it started on, the screen would dim and the music would stop, then if I pressed a button to turn the screen back on, the next song would play. I too have disabled it and downloaded PlayerPro to take its place.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
By chance, does PlayerPro have controls on the pattern lock screen? So far Google Play Music has been the only one that I've seen with this.

Yup. The "native" option works best and is just like the stock controls.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys running stock? Is it when your only Streaming from the Cloud or music from the SD card. Only issue I had was when S3 was updated to JB. Google Music would start playing thru the speaker and not the headphones. Since the recent update though everything is fixed.