Foxfi question..

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed foxfi and the add on. Now when I enabled proxy it said to change the proxy server port settings on my computer. Do I need to do this if I'm just using my nexus 7 to connect to the hot spot?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed foxfi and the add on. Now when I enabled proxy it said to change the proxy server port settings on my computer. Do I need to do this if I'm just using my nexus 7 to connect to the hot spot?

When you install foxfi on your phone, just enable foxfi. Haven't needed to mess with proxy with foxfi. I connect my N7, my other tablets and laptop's without doing anything else. Would recommend installing a password in foxfi.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app, even without subscription, but you would need to activate it with a 3rd party widget

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never installed the add on, I just use FoxFi as is. Never had a problem, I use it occasionally for streaming movies to my tablet, or tethering my tablet for web browsing.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never used an add on....just set up network name, password, then activate the hotspot....connect other devices just like connecting to wifi at home. works great. even had someone with an old school kindle ask if they could logon in a meeting. worked great for them too :)