How many of ya are finna sell your S3 and get the Droid DNA?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Deal breakers are no removable battery and no sd slot. It's ridiculous that they would build any top tier phone without these things. Spare batteries with a wall charger saves so much time. You shouldn't have to have your phone plugged into a charger, waiting for it to get juice and having a 64GB micro sd plus 16GB internal is priceless. The quad core and resolution don't make up for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Same here. After my wife had the Galaxy Nexus with no sd slot, I will never do that again. Battery and SDcard are just essential in my opinion. I have nothing against HTC, as the Droid Inc was my first Android phone and loved it. The Thunderbolt was junk but still an exciting phone to have when it first came out. Problem is that my GS3 has quickly become the first phone I've owned and not grown entirely bored of it after a month. If I do upgrade any time soon, it will be the Note 2. I'm on the Samsung bandwagon. Wife just got GS3, our TVs and blue rays are all Samsung Smart devices, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (which isn't great, but suitable for my needs).

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
oh the tragedy of the DNA. they should fire the guy that decided "hey, let's just put a 2050mah battery on it cause that'll be enough." such an awesome hardware with not enough power to put it to good use. very sad. still getting my s3 in a few weeks.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
oh the tragedy of the DNA. they should fire the guy that decided "hey, let's just put a 2050mah battery on it cause that'll be enough." such an awesome hardware with not enough power to put it to good use. very sad. still getting my s3 in a few weeks.

Ya if moto can make the maxx under 10mm thick with a 3300mah battery then other phone makers should follow suite. No reason these phones shouldn't be coming with 2500mah+. I bet I could go from full to 10% on the maxx from the time I wake up about 1pm till the time I get home about 2am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Some folks are such bandwagon fans. Give yourself 3-4 months from now and those same people will be jumping all over the S4 no loyalty these days. The S4 will be the device to wait for.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE my S3. Unless its a Note2, I see NOTHIN worthy of me switching until the S4.

Sent from my MetroPCS GalaxyS3 consistently getting around 7-8mpbs down... contracts and data limits need not apply.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine at the very best battery life would be almost the same as the nexus 4 but probably worse. Same hardware but bigger screen + smaller battery= no juice. On Phil's review of the n4 he said anywhere from 3-5 screen on time with the nexus. Which is about average for me over my past couple android phones maybe a little bit better. Usually get about 2.5-3hrs on 3g and upwards of 4 hours on wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

It will be better because of one very important thing: HTC can include aggressive power management software that cannot be included on the nexus.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
As one that has had an Android phone since day one and the OG Droid, I have NEVER had an Android phone that didn't require a batter pull ever so often to get it going again. Even with the GS3, they are required ever so often. The fact that the DNA doesn't have a removable battery scares the you know what out of me. Not to mention the lack of SD card. I love my GS3 and have my eye on the Note 2, but the rumors of a new 440+ ppi Sammy device coming in 2013 has also peaked my interest. So with NO upgrades in hand, it makes my decision very easy. Don't get the DNA.

Bryan

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Some folks are such bandwagon fans. Give yourself 3-4 months from now and those same people will be jumping all over the S4 no loyalty these days. The S4 will be the device to wait for.

3 to 4 months? As much as I'm loving my VZW S3 and VZW GN right now, I'm jumping on the VZW Note 2 as soon as it arrives later this month! :)
Oh, and sign me up for the S4 as well. :D

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I've read that the battery life of the dna isn't as good as the s3 and neither is the loudness of the speaker so if that's an issue for people keep that in mind. I will look at it in a Verizon store, I was considering it but with these factors as well as my personal preference its looking most likely a no.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have always loved HTC. But no SD for the new DNA...a deal breaker for me

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the battery life of the dna isn't as good as the s3 and neither is the loudness of the speaker so if that's an issue for people keep that in mind. I will look at it in a Verizon store, I was considering it but with these factors as well as my personal preference its looking most likely a no.

Multiple reviews have said the battery life is better than the S3. The only site that said it was bad was the verge, and their review is clearly an outlier.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 2nd GS3 .the first one went loopy on me.. as crazy as a betsey bug so carried it back to wally world traded in my pebble blue for the pearl white , I love the GS3 but hate that contract.. i started off as unlimited and should still be on unlimited but Verizon changed the game.. I still think a class acrion law suit would help us at least grandfather in. oh well ,life goes on.. the GS3 so far to meis the fastest ph and cpu out there within its specs. I believe the @ GB of RAM was a good idea but i miss my droid charge, darned thing was built to last exactly 2 years.. the usb reciving end got so loose i had to run it down to get it charged.. This GS3 has no HDMI nothing no where except the small usb hub at btm. at least someone got smart there. I've heard there was a plugin for the GS3 thatt will allow the HDMI etc connection. as far as speed goes.. its faster thani am so its fast enough. I want that cable that allows HDMI or maybe even coax etc. wason phone and someone tried to call me and the phone shut my GS3 off.. welp It appears we are all in the GS3 family now..

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Have always loved HTC. But no SD for the new DNA...a deal breaker for me

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

I will overlook the lack of MicroSD slot, if HTC releases a 32GB or 64GB version.
Until wifi becomes available on ALL commercial airliners, I cannot understand why
companies like Google keep trying to push us to the cloud. I fly almost 90,000
miles a year and mostly on TATL & TPAC flights. No data connection means no
access to the cloud.