Bye Sprint hello Verizon

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
VZ has a great network. But you'll have to adjust to not getting your phone updated while other carriers update. Verizon is always late to the party

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I switched to to Verizon from Sprint a few months back after being with them for 15 years. I might look at Sprint again in 5 years when they have their network completed.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Get ready to share that data!

Could get expensive

But great coverage

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And the rate sprint is going its going to be before 5 years that nv will get done

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sprint can go to hell. Their network sucks and I got sick of all the lies. The best was having no service in a major towns that I now get four bars of LTE with Verizon. The sprint rep told me that I should be fine since they just upgraded the tower. Funny since I didn't have any signal for the two months leading up to it and for many months after the so-called update. I hate Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Sprint can go to hell. Their network sucks and I got sick of all the lies. The best was having no service in a major towns that I now get four bars of LTE with Verizon. The sprint rep told me that I should be fine since they just upgraded the tower. Funny since I didn't have any signal for the two months leading up to it and for many months after the so-called update. I hate Sprint.

Your right about that I have no problem with paying extra for a great service. So sprint can kick rocks

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Your right about that I have no problem with paying extra for a great service. So sprint can kick rocks

And don't get me wrong, I tried Sprint for almost a year. It was an expensive proposition on many levels since I lost my unlimited data with Verizon. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't get data services. It was always the same - there's a tower down in your area. I even had trouble getting data in Midtown Manhattan. Glad I am out of that nightmare.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well u are the minority because my data isn't the fastest but its OK and my voice is top notch

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well u are the minority because my data isn't the fastest but its OK and my voice is top notch

Not according to their huge numbers of churn this last quarter - I have lots of company apparently.

NEmickeyfan

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Sprint to Verizon just over a year ago.
It's not that Sprint lies to you, it's more like they don't tell you the complete truth. After doing some homework (and trying to figure out why my Verizon friends were having better connections) the truth came out. At that time Sprint was touting their 4G and unlimited data. I was promised 4G with the year which never happened. After some reading, it became clear. Sprint was still on the Wimax 4G which more or less fell through. So, to make up for for that bad decision, they decided to move over to 4G LTE which has been painfully slow. I had to ask myself; why am I waiting and waiting for 4G LTE, and what the heck good is unlimited data if you cannot connect? So, when Verizon offered the "double your data offer" I made the switch...got 4gig for the price of 2gig. Truthfully, I have never looked back... good bye Sprint. However, now that Verizon has gone to the "share everything plan, " I can see why some would question leaving their current provider. I still think Verizon is most likely the best provider, but their new plan might be a deal breaker.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Sprint to Verizon just over a year ago.
It's not that Sprint lies to you, it's more like they don't tell you the complete truth. After doing some homework (and trying to figure out why my Verizon friends were having better connections) the truth came out. At that time Sprint was touting their 4G and unlimited data. I was promised 4G with the year which never happened. After some reading, it became clear. Sprint was still on the Wimax 4G which more or less fell through. So, to make up for for that bad decision, they decided to move over to 4G LTE which has been painfully slow. I had to ask myself; why am I waiting and waiting for 4G LTE, and what the heck good is unlimited data if you cannot connect? So, when Verizon offered the "double your data offer" I made the switch...got 4gig for the price of 2gig. Truthfully, I have never looked back... good bye Sprint. However, now that Verizon has gone to the "share everything plan, " I can see why some would question leaving their current provider. I still think Verizon is most likely the best provider, but their new plan might be a deal breaker.

I just don't know why they couldn't maintain 3g service while they were switching over. I get that sprint uses different frequencies and that they don't penetrate buildings well but there were just way too many places where I couldn't get a data signal or load a Web page. The only thing I will give them is that voice service was always good. Probably because sometimes I would roam on Verizon. But the data was a joke.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The real reason why I switched is because sprint was going to cancel one of my lines because we roam to much. I payed my bill on time and everything.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm a truck driver, and I'm all over the country! I have decent data speeds, no dropped calls about 99% of the time! I love Sprint! Rockin 4g rite now in baltimore!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was with Sprint for about 14 years. I got tired of dropping calls in a major metro area, having to leave the GF's apartment to go make a phone call or check email. Sprint is a shoddy 3G network. When I can now drive around and not lose your call and you do the math and realize that you can pull more data in 1 day on Verizon than you can in a month with Sprint... the choice is clear.

I was never a hater until I went to cancel with Sprint 3 months before my contract ended because I needed my phone to work in a small town where I travel for work. I went through all the paces in a courteous manner and had 3 different reps tell me that with termination fees, the final bill would be $75. Got the final bill: $165. Called them and disputed it. Due to a lack of proper notetaking on their part, they wouldn't honor their word and they would not go chase down the call recordings, acted like I was lying or trying to scam them. Then they sicked a collection agency on me after only a month. Lousy lying bastards. I hope they go under swiftly. Never felt so wrong paying a bill in my life.