Should I wait? Please help

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an iphone 4 and I have an upgrade. Should I a galaxy s3 now or do you guys think it is smart to wait until summer and hope for a galaxy s4? Thanks for any advice!

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If you still like your iphone, then I'd say wait until to see the one phone you know you have to have. For me, that was the S3, but there's no telling what new phones might come out between now and the S4 release.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
there is always something new around the corner.....you just have to find something you like and jump for it. by the time you wait til next summer there will be new rumors about the next great phone due in the fall.....and on and on.......

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an iphone 4 and I have an upgrade. Should I a galaxy s3 now or do you guys think it is smart to wait until summer and hope for a galaxy s4? Thanks for any advice!

That's a long time to wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I owned an iPhone 4s.. had an upgrade, and took the leap to the Samsung Galaxy s3 three days ago.. Don't regret anything.

I feel like the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5 are the 2 best phones out right now, depending on your particular needs.

This is my first Android phone and I must say I am satisfied. (although it took a few days to get use to the Android ecosystem).

I think the Samsung GS3 still has plenty of life left, EVEN if the GS4 is released next year.

1.5ghz dual core, 2gb of Ram and on the Verizon version, Jellybean hasn't even been released yet. I'm sure the experience will get even better once it does.

edit: oh and also, if you're a computer guy (nerd) like myself, your're going to love this phone. so much more capable of a variety of things compared to the iPhone.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
S4 will be better then the S3. S5 will be better then the S4, so on and so on. It is all a matter of how long you want to wait. The S3 is one of the best phones out today. The question is do you want one of the best phones today or do you wan what will be the best phone in 7 months from now.

Are you the type of person that always needs the latest and greatest when it comes out? My guess is know since you own an iPhone. lol

So the S3 should keep you happy until your next upgrade time. Me personally, I loooove the S3 and would not trade it for anything out right now. Shen the S4 is released, I will sure be getting it.

If I were you I would sell the iPhone and buy the S3 off contract on eBay. I am sure you can get a few hundred for your iPhone and the 16GB S3 can be bought new for $500. Might be worth it to keep your upgrade and when the S4 comes out you can sell the S3 and purchase the S4 on contract which should not be much after the sale.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
S4 will be better then the S3. S5 will be better then the S4, so on and so on. It is all a matter of how long you want to wait. The S3 is one of the best phones out today. The question is do you want one of the best phones today or do you wan what will be the best phone in 7 months from now.

Are you the type of person that always needs the latest and greatest when it comes out? My guess is know since you own an iPhone. lol

So the S3 should keep you happy until your next upgrade time. Me personally, I loooove the S3 and would not trade it for anything out right now. Shen the S4 is released, I will sure be getting it.

If I were you I would sell the iPhone and buy the S3 off contract on eBay. I am sure you can get a few hundred for your iPhone and the 16GB S3 can be bought new for $500. Might be worth it to keep your upgrade and when the S4 comes out you can sell the S3 and purchase the S4 on contract which should not be much after the sale.

I am the type of person who always wants the latest and greatest witch is my issue... I understand that if I get an s4 when ever it comes out there will soon later be rumors of new phones but at least I would have got the phone when it was new. I feel like the s3 is getting old. I might have to do it because I hate my iphone 4. I had the thunderbolt for like a week but had to trade it in for this because of how bad the battery was. Thanks for the advise!

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I am the type of person who always wants the latest and greatest witch is my issue... I understand that if I get an s4 when ever it comes out there will soon later be rumors of new phones but at least I would have got the phone when it was new. I feel like the s3 is getting old. I might have to do it because I hate my iphone 4. I had the thunderbolt for like a week but had to trade it in for this because of how bad the battery was. Thanks for the advise!

Well you hit the nail on the head. I mean really it's way too early to stick around with your iPhone 4......until the S4? Are there even any solid rumours about it now? The htc DNA seems to be getting a lot of bad rap, but the screen is top notch. So even that could seem old to you already since it "only" has 16gb of internal storage.

Do you want the Maxx HD or not? If not really and you're not feeling the s3 then at least objectively, I say you should get the Note 2 without hesitation. I can't see how that wouldn't hold you over and through the S4.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Feel your pain :) I used my upgrade this summer and went from the iphone 4 to the Maxx. 2 weeks later exchanged it for the S3. Then for some reason I got tired of the S3. Wasn't happy with battery life and missed the iphone a bit. So after a month or so of the S3 I traded it with someone for the 4S. That was Sep. I'm now planning on giving my daughter my 4S for Christmas and using her upgrade for the Maxx HD (i think). I hate that feel like I have the best phone at the time I get it and then month or two later are ready for a new one. Not like that with anything else. I may need counseling... Damn smartphones! :-\

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Feel your pain :) I used my upgrade this summer and went from the iphone 4 to the Maxx. 2 weeks later exchanged it for the S3. Then for some reason I got tired of the S3. Wasn't happy with battery life and missed the iphone a bit. So after a month or so of the S3 I traded it with someone for the 4S.

How could you even go back to the tiny iPhone screen after the s3?? :eek::eek::eek:

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well you hit the nail on the head. I mean really it's way too early to stick around with your iPhone 4......until the S4? Are there even any solid rumours about it now? The htc DNA seems to be getting a lot of bad rap, but the screen is top notch. So even that could seem old to you already since it "only" has 16gb of internal storage.

Do you want the Maxx HD or not? If not really and you're not feeling the s3 then at least objectively, I say you should get the Note 2 without hesitation. I can't see how that wouldn't hold you over and through the S4.

I want to mess with ROMS and stuff so I think in my case the gs3 is the best way to go. The note 2 is a little to big for me and as far as im aware i dont think the razr phones get to many fun roms. Thanks for your reply:)

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Let's say for instance that Google doesn't make any more OS for the SG3 after Jelly Bean, would it be possible to still get the most up-to-date operating system by downloading ROM? I'm assuming this to be the case is that correct?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Let's say for instance that Google doesn't make any more OS for the SG3 after Jelly Bean, would it be possible to still get the most up-to-date operating system by downloading ROM? I'm assuming this to be the case is that correct?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Yes I believe that is the case. Im not 100% sure tho bc i dont even have an android phone yet lol. Ive just done my studying :)