Black Friday Verizon GS3 Deals?

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen any deals for the upcoming weekend for the Verizon Galaxy S3? Only ones I have seen are for Sprint and AT&T...

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I too, have not seen any Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III deals. There is apparently a Sams Club deal for the SIII for only 96 cents, but their ad does not say what carrier it's for. I've heard rumors that it will be for all carriers though. I myself am not a Sams Club member, and probably won't sign up just for the phone, even though it WOULD save me almost $150 (because of membership fees and stuff.)

I did sign up from email updates from Samsung, and a few days ago, they emailed me telling me that I can check out black friday deals. I went to their page, and clicked on smartphones, and it listed that there would be a sale on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII, and the Sprint Note II. It also said that prices for the phones would be listed today, on the 18th. I checked back today, and clicked on the Galaxy S3. It then said I would see the price in the cart. After going through many steps, the price given was $149.99. I also looked on the Verizon Wireless site, and they too gave me a price of $149.99. I don't know how long this discount will last, so I may pick it up tomorrow, but I also am curious as to what cyber monday will hold.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I too, have not seen any Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III deals. There is apparently a Sams Club deal for the SIII for only 96 cents, but their ad does not say what carrier it's for. I've heard rumors that it will be for all carriers though. I myself am not a Sams Club member, and probably won't sign up just for the phone, even though it WOULD save me almost $150 (because of membership fees and stuff.)

I did sign up from email updates from Samsung, and a few days ago, they emailed me telling me that I can check out black friday deals. I went to their page, and clicked on smartphones, and it listed that there would be a sale on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII, and the Sprint Note II. It also said that prices for the phones would be listed today, on the 18th. I checked back today, and clicked on the Galaxy S3. It then said I would see the price in the cart. After going through many steps, the price given was $149.99. I also looked on the Verizon Wireless site, and they too gave me a price of $149.99. I don't know how long this discount will last, so I may pick it up tomorrow, but I also am curious as to what cyber monday will hold.

Yeah sams club is having that sale for the AT&T Galaxy S III

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy currently has them for Verizon for $149. It's the only deal I've seen. Verizon still has them for $199.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy currently has them for Verizon for $149. It's the only deal I've seen. Verizon still has them for $199.

That's so strange! Two days ago, I saw on Verizon that they were $149! Interesting. Is there any indication of how long the best buy deal will be going on?

wnyx1440

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Wireless has it for $124.99 for existing customers, $59.99 for new. Wondering if I should jump on this for the $125 or if Cyber Monday will have anything cheaper (was holding out for a $99 deal).

stonerman34

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Sam's Club is offering the 96 cent deal on all carriers. I purchased the Verizon S3 for under a buck last night. They had a VIP event for a few hours last night, but the price is good on black friday as well. $40 membership to save a minimum of $150 on a phone isn't a bad deal really, plus you can save on a bunch of other stuff for the rest of the year. My insight comes from the fact that Sam's Club signs my paychecks.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I too, want to wait for cyber Monday, but am afraid that there won't be deals, or there will be ones not as good as black Friday's.

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade isn't until the 30th. It seems like it will never get here. I can't wait to toss my Thunderbolt. I'm wondering if the Sam's Club offer will be good until then. That's a great reason to get a membership. Is there any way to check out their deals online? Probably not.

kenelvox

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to Sam's last night to verify that Verizon was included on the $.96 cent special. They said yes and asked if I wanted to do it right now. So, i got the S3 for the black friday price yesterday.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sam's is clearly the best deal. Outside of that, you can get it for $150 and a $50 Target Giftcard from target's online site. $50 at Target is basically cash for me b/c we buy groceries and basics there. I was going to get the RAZR MAXX HD for $199 (and the $50 gift card), but $100 less for the SIII may sway me. I'm still a little burnt by the sometimes dreadful performance of my fascinate though.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is night and day depending on how good of coverage you have. I had a fascinate as well and it was underwhelming. I have an sgs3 now and it is a huge difference

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Sam's Club 96? S3 deal goes from November 23rd to November 25th, Obviously as supplies last. Our club has about 72 phones.

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just making sure this is good for upgrades also? Is it going to be possible to play the upgrade game to save unlimited data or are they like Amazon and will give me a cancellation fee for the data plan on that line?

stonerman34

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually upgraded my girlfriends line and got an extra SIM at sam's club when I purchased it. I left it on her line for 24 hours, then swapped SIMs and moved it on to my line via Online ESN swap and kept my unlimited data plan with Verizon. It is at each store's discretion whether they will sell the phone for black friday pricing early, so no promises there. However, they WILL honor the price if you go in but they are too backed up to do your activation right away in store. Sam's had a 2 hour "Pre-Black Friday" sale this past Sunday, with the 96cent S3, and they only have 2 'workstations' from which to do their activations. Needless to say, they sold more phones than they had time to activate, so they ended up setting up appointments for Mon-Wed of this week to activate the phones and still honored the 96cent price. I'd wager that if you are REALLY close to your activation date, and go in towards the end of the evening when they won't have enough time to get through the activation process, they might go out of their way to set up an appointment for you to come back and get the deal a few days later. Again, this is on a store by store basis, but it's worth a shot.