Is it sad

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Part of my night ritual is to check for Jelly Bean when I go to the bathroom lol?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure he isn't the only one. lol I think its more sad though that Verizon takes so long to do anything at all. Other S3s have had JB for a while now but no word from Big Red. They can even launch a device at the same time as other carriers. I would expect small regional carriers not to update as fast or push out a new device as fast as larger ones but for VZW to be this slow is shameful.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And that's a crying shame lol its almost 2013 and no jb for big red lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
And that's a crying shame lol its almost 2013 and no jb for big red lol

Why don't you go play on your beloved Sprint pages? All you do is come on here and talk bad about Verizon, on the Verizon Galaxy SIII page when you don't even HAVE an SIII. Me thinks thou doth protest too much... Besides, I'm quite happy with ICS on the SIII as it's much faster than that old SII I had on Sprint. I suppose if I had a Ferrari and you had a Yugo, and both of them had Microsoft Sync on them (I know neither do, but humor me) and Yugo released an update for the Yugo, you'd think you were just tits, huh?

Good luck with your SII.

P.S. Sprint apparently stopped their rollout again as a girl I work with who has an SIII on Sprint still doesn't have JB...Reminds me of the GB update that Verizon did on the T-Bolt. It's been what, a month? Sprint doesn't have that many subscribers.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
As far as the sprint roll out, I just took one on Friday so it was at least still going on then.

If you are rooted and unlocked, you are more than likely going to have to undo those to take the ota. If you removed any bloat you are gonna have to put that back too

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as the sprint roll out, I just took one on Friday so it was at least still going on then.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

That's actually good to know...The girl I work with is a phone nerd that would rival anyone on here...It's kinda' annoying how geeked out she gets, yet I digress. I guess my biggest point is that I'm quite happy with what I've got. I've seen more updates screw phones up than I've seen make them more functional, and they have ALWAYS slowed the phones down, regardless. I know, I know...some people on here will say it makes their phone so much faster, and everything works fantastic...Check out their posts 6 months later when they're whining about it. Happens EVERY time...I'll probably root mine so I can turn down the update. Seriously. I'd rather play with ROM's like I did on my Hero/Evo/SII than deal with another SII, or Evo OTA. My SII was DOA after that lovely ICS update from Sprint.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You ought to have your friend come here and get the update.

They do mess them up more often than they should. What needs to be done IMHO is wipe after you take the update. It is a pain in the A** but it saves issues down the road

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you go play on your beloved Sprint pages? All you do is come on here and talk bad about Verizon, on the Verizon Galaxy SIII page when you don't even HAVE an SIII. Me thinks thou doth protest too much... Besides, I'm quite happy with ICS on the SIII as it's much faster than that old SII I had on Sprint. I suppose if I had a Ferrari and you had a Yugo, and both of them had Microsoft Sync on them (I know neither do, but humor me) and Yugo released an update for the Yugo, you'd think you were just tits, huh?

Good luck with your SII.

P.S. Sprint apparently stopped their rollout again as a girl I work with who has an SIII on Sprint still doesn't have JB...Reminds me of the GB update that Verizon did on the T-Bolt. It's been what, a month? Sprint doesn't have that many subscribers.

Like I said I post about vzw because I HAD VZW do I'm talking from experience don't get mad at me because big red is slow like drying paint when it comes to updates haha and if that girl still doesn't have jb she probably rejected the update smart guy lol and I'm pulling 10mb down on my s2 so enjoying it I AM :D

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You ought to have your friend come here and get the update.

They do mess them up more often than they should. What needs to be done IMHO is wipe after you take the update. It is a pain in the A** but it saves issues down the road

I had to reset my lil sis s3 because she said some thing happened all in all the only thing happened was the Jb update lol

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Like I said I post about vzw because I HAD VZW do I'm talking from experience don't get mad at me because big red is slow like drying paint when it comes to updates haha and if that girl still doesn't have jb she probably rejected the update smart guy lol and I'm pulling 10mb down on my s2 so enjoying it I AM :D

Who's mad? I'm not mad; you're simply annoying since you contribute nothing to the threads. All you do is bash Verizon. Make your own "Verizon Sucks" thread or something. I hate all of the carriers equally, including Sprint, and the one I currently use, which is Verizon because they all charge too much for their product. Regardless of that, I couldn't care less what speeds you're getting, or if Sprint is paying YOU to use their service. What are you, three?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
That's actually good to know...The girl I work with is a phone nerd that would rival anyone on here...It's kinda' annoying how geeked out she gets, yet I digress. I guess my biggest point is that I'm quite happy with what I've got. I've seen more updates screw phones up than I've seen make them more functional, and they have ALWAYS slowed the phones down, regardless. I know, I know...some people on here will say it makes their phone so much faster, and everything works fantastic...Check out their posts 6 months later when they're whining about it. Happens EVERY time...I'll probably root mine so I can turn down the update. Seriously. I'd rather play with ROMs like I did on my Hero/Evo/SII than deal with another SII, or Evo OTA. My SII was DOA after that lovely ICS update from Sprint.

Absolutely agree with you on both points. I have rooted my phone and have blocked any updates, because generally from experience they always "Bork" something, take away features (toggles, Universal search), or plug up exploits for rooting. For example do not be surprised if the tethering which you can do now by adding a third party widget to activate "Hotspot" no longer works. My phone works perfect and I do not want to fix what is not "broken". So I will stay on ICS, still on 4.0.4

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Who's mad? I'm not mad; you're simply annoying since you contribute nothing to the threads. All you do is bash Verizon. Make your own "Verizon Sucks" thread or something. I hate all of the carriers equally, including Sprint, and the one I currently use, which is Verizon because they all charge too much for their product. Regardless of that, I couldn't care less what speeds you're getting, or if Sprint is paying YOU to use their service. What are you, three?

If words on a forum annoy u than u need fresh air and medication lol and what's with the lil silly insults how old are u bro lol smh

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And if u hate post paid go boost or cricket or straight talk why be with somebody u hate :confused: u pay for what u want postpaid = insurance, better phones,and roaming ect

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is always slow to update. Nothing new. When I'm done with this S3 I'm going with a nexus phone. Hopefully that nexus is made by Samsung

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2