Can't find secure connection--Home Network issue?

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the S3 in August and she would get the "can't find a secure connection, tap screen to try again" screen whenever logging onto Facebook. Wireless would work great and she would be able to access anything else but FB. My Droid X and her Kindle would have no problems being on FB at the same time and side by side with the GS3.

I finally upgraded to the GS3 last week and am having the same issues. I was thinking it was the wife's phone at first, but now that I'm duplicating the problem with mine, I have been searching for a solution to this problem.

I really think it is a setting with my router (a linksys) because we seem to never have the FB connection problem on other networks. I was trying to connect tonight and it wouldn't let me, I turned off the wireless and switched to 4G and had no problems loading Facebook which is what makes me think it might be an issue with my wireless router settings.

Anybody have this problem too?

Thanks!

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Same exact thing with both my wife's and my GS3. I think it is just a bug with the facebook app and the GS3. It only happens once in the while and doesn't seem to matter if I'm home on wifi, out on the network in 3G or 4G. Just pops up once in the while and doing the refresh seems to fix it.