Not being able to move certain files and apps to SD sucks

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S3 is restricted with how you can move certain files to external storage. You cannot move apps to SD also and this is so not cool. I still have my Evo 3D, so I have to put the Sd card in there and transfer the files I want to on my pc using my Evo 3D and then put the SD card back into my S3. This is annoying but it is what it is. So I guess if you have an older phone without the restrictions on moving files and apps to SD, don't be so fast to get rid of it.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm really not sure what you're talking about:
1. The inability to move apps to the SDCard is a limitation of ICS, not specifically the S3 - any newer phone will have this problem
2. Unsure what files you can't move/put on the SDCard - I'm able to save my photos, music, etc to the SDCard
3. Don't know why you're moving your SDCard around - if you don't want to use a USB cable and MTP connection you could use something like Kies Air (built in) or:
AirDroid: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.sand.airdroid
WiFi File Explorer PRO: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorerPRO

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I was using android zip to move some stuff around from the internal storage to the external storage and it gave me a message "cannot move file due to restrictions on your device" or something to that effect. Music and pics are not an issue but apk's, a backup folder I had on my PC and such cannot be moved. But they can be put on the SD card from PC if I put the card in my Evo. I've used Air Droid for wireless file transfer with my Evo 3D but haven't tried it yet on my S3. I guess my issue is with ICS and not specifically with the S3 but you know I had to blame the phone too lmao.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692