Touchwiz Notification Bar

SDQB17

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
May be a dumb question but my GS3 is new and this has been bugging me. At the top of the notification area is the quick settings panel. To toggle features like Wifi, GPS or mobile data, just tap the icon on the corresponding icon in the menu bar. I am wondering why all the correct icons are up there, and light up in green when on as they should, except the one for WI-FI. I am hooked up to wifi at home...it works greta and all, but there is no wifi icon up there next to gps, etc...is that normal on a verizon phone? Is there a way to add it up there? Am I being OCd? lol :):D

EldoradoSan

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I believe that's coming in the jelly bean update. I thought I read that here. And the rumor for that is the 14th. Apparently Verizon is quite late getting on board. I'm new the gs3 as well.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
This normal for the verizon version of the phone. They altered the toggle at the release of the phone. Can't remember why but they gave a typical non-answer from what I remember.

Hoping they do fix it in the update but we will see.

So you are correct in thinking that it is supposed to be that way. Verizon did it, not you :D

Good for them! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20