Jelly Bean Issues After Update

only71stitches

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Same problem as a couple others... After the update 2 of my 5 email accounts no longer have notifications. Both are POP3 accounts through GoDaddy. My Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail all work fine as far as notifications.

I have cleared the cache, and even deleted the accounts and added them back in. The notification sound and even vibrate has been checked. But nothing. Anyone else suffering this?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the option to call or text on a missed call. Happened today and I was like what. I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

What about on text notifications? Is there supposed to be any kind of quick reply, or anything? I'm getting the callback option in missed calls, but I dont see anything on texts.

caddy197

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Im having probs with text messages not being sent after I receive a phone call or make one. Afew times being in landscape mode, I go to hit the back arrow and now right next to it is "call" when texting. I accidently hit that......end the call and hit send in the text......and thats when I get the error message. I have to reboot the phone to get it working again. Closing the app in the app manager does not work.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Here are 2 from a coworker of mine...(I'm rejecting for now)

1. WiFi scans every 20 seconds or so looking for a new connection. They took away the box you could check to stop it from scanning. You have to use a toggle widget now and shut it off when you leave known WiFi connections you use. PITA if you forget, and a battery drainer. Don't know if it will automatically connect when he gets home or not.

2. Camera: Geocaching on/off option appears to be gone? That said, is it off, or is it on? Hopefully they simply got rid of it since there are a lot of creepers (both sexes) out there.

Those are the only 2 myself and my coworker have found on his, but I only had 15 minutes to check it out.

Airlid

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I see absolutely nothing in Jelly Bean that was worth waiting for let alone the time and bandwidth to download and install it...pointless

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean and don't know how to fix it, if you can!

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
After the update today I no longer receive led notifications...I've turned off and back on...and also, I no longer have the text notification on my lock screen. Can anyone help? ??

i dont know maybe the update missed something, i just checked and my led notifications still work fine. i know when i first got the update after it rebooted i restarted it again after google now downloaded and it still had to optimize some more apps

TBoltShock83839

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I don't have one of the new plans, so a Hotspot will cost me. Before the update, FoxFi never turned on the Verizon Hotspot. I tried to turn off the Verizon Hotspot, but I lost connection even though FoxFi said it was still on. I do know that the developer stated that WiFi mode will not work on some phones after the JB update, but Bluetooth will work on all. I just hope he fixes WiFi mode soon.

Glad I saw this. I haven't updated to Jellybean yet because the FoxFi issue was a make or break for me. Hopefully the developer can get it to operate as it did on 4.0.

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The callback number in text messages has everything to do with the person texting you. For some reason Verizon decided to enable this feature in the messaging app (its not there in ATT update). If you go into your message settings you can see that you can enable your own callback number. This is a standard thing on Blackberries and I wonder if it's on all newer Verizon handsets. I know the RAZR M send out a CB#.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
One further thing that I have noticed. When I leave Google Now it always goes back to touchwiz home not my apex... Unless I hit the home key then if course since I have that set to go to apex it does. But if I back out of now it takes me back to touchwiz.

Very odd.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Found one fix. For the emails that aren't showing pics or other information. In the settings menu for each email account you have. There is an option to check "show pictures" that will allow the pictures to show up in your emails.

Hope it helps!

Edit: didn't fix all the emails... Just some. That is really weird... Still having about half not show any images or any way to view them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually noticing some glitches or lag when I text. Seems like project butter is working too fast or something for my SwiftKey keyboard. Turned the phone off and such. I don't know maybe I need to factory reset. No huge problems. I'm really excited!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tywone

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
None of my accounts Facebook and Google will sync. My contacts will not open. Total failure Verizon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2