Jelly Bean Issues After Update

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that after receiving the Jelly Bean update, my Gmail app tends to use a lot more cpu. It sits in the background with a steady 2-5% cpu usage. I've tried lowering the number of days to sync and other tweaks, but can't figure out what's causing it. The only way to avoid it seems to be to back out of Gmail, rather than hitting the home button to navigate away.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I lose GPS lock after a few days.

Start with a fresh reboot.
GPS locks on quickly (verified with Maps and GPS Status app).
after a few days I am no longer able to get GPS lock. Use GPS Status to reset/download GPS and still won't see any sats). Won't even show any sats as being visible.
Reboot phone and able to lock again.

Haven't narrowed down what app(?) is killing it.

Never had a problem with ICS with this.

Poodge

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
This update has been an absolute headache.

1) It no longer has a bubble icon for a missing call or text on the lock screen. That was a very handy shortcut to have.

2) My text ringtones wont work anymore. Whenever I get a text, I only hear about half a second of the song I have assigned for text notification before it cuts out.

3) I cannot view my files on my phone by plugging it into my PC with a usb cable. I have to use programs to do this now.

Sunil Yadav

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I have updated my ICS to Jelly Bean on my SIII, I have been facing so many problems.

These are -
1. Hanging problem during playing game whereas i never ever felt such problem on ICS.
2. Automatic brightness feature is not working properly.
3. Ringer Volume increases automatically despite of setting on lowest level.
4. Consuming battery with 2x speed as compare to ICS.

Now you yourselves can see the difference that ICS is far better than Jelly bean.

Jj Parsons

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy Note 2,

S note functionality has gone out the window. Can no longer utilize added backgrounds and anytime I try to attach clip art and or snippets I have taken I get an error message and it reverts back to an original blank S note screen. Very irritating and have found no help on line through other forums or via google search.

socratesman

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
As if having to deal with a physical home button wasn't bad enough, now my battery life sucks. Also experiencing significant lag on homescreens with stock Google widgets. I need my Gmail widget but I almost can't get to any homescreen that has it on there. I know i'm going to have to do another master reset, but i'm getting a little tired of having to do that.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Why is it so different on each device? I am having no issues at all with jb. I was holding out and vzw finally forced it to my s3...now i am glad they did.

fastcz5

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

This is my first post to this forum.

I am facing problems when connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 to a TV using a mhl/hdmi adapter along with a 5 pin to 11 pin converter. On connecting, the display on the TV keeps blinking after every 5-10 seconds.

It used to work fine before the jelly bean update.

Does any one else experience this problem? Do anyone know a solution/fix to it. The fact that the adapter worked with Galaxy S3 on ICS makes it hard to believe that the adapter is faulty.

Thanks in advance!

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Me my main gripe is the loss of auto correct... I have to manually pick the right word now and or does not think for me.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. No voice recognition at all when connected to Bluetooth media. Third Samsung phone and fifth OS with this problem. They need to release these updates to a test group first and work these bugs out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This update has been an absolute headache.

1) It no longer has a bubble icon for a missing call or text on the lock screen. That was a very handy shortcut to have.

2) My text ringtones wont work anymore. Whenever I get a text, I only hear about half a second of the song I have assigned for text notification before it cuts out.

3) I cannot view my files on my phone by plugging it into my PC with a usb cable. I have to use programs to do this now.

Unchecking the delete old messages in the sms options fixes the half ring tone issue

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
As if having to deal with a physical home button wasn't bad enough, now my battery life sucks. Also experiencing significant lag on homescreens with stock Google widgets. I need my Gmail widget but I almost can't get to any homescreen that has it on there. I know i'm going to have to do another master reset, but i'm getting a little tired of having to do that.
Just curious why you purchased the phone if you don't like the physical home button.

Direwulff

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have lost the ability to pair the phone to my toyota prius using dun/pan connection. This seems to be related to people stating they can no longer using bluetooth/wifi tethering as that icon lit up when I used it.

kbak

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the vibration when receiving text messages. I only want my phone to vibrate in vibration mode. When I receive text messages now in normal sound mode I get both a sound notification and vibration notification, I only want a sound notification in sound mode. Anybody know how to change this? I've tried playing around with the settings but no luck :/

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the vibration when receiving text messages. I only want my phone to vibrate in vibration mode. When I receive text messages now in normal sound mode I get both a sound notification and vibration notification, I only want a sound notification in sound mode. Anybody know how to change this? I've tried playing around with the settings but no luck :/

Have you tried the settings in the text messaging app itself? Just go into the text messaging app, and press the normal settings button. There's settings there for vibration. If you've been there, then just ignore this *smile*.

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Settings>sounds>vibration intensity

Set the notification bar to zero or all the way to the left.

geddy1001

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ive had a problem since the update with Google Music ie on a list I create, it will only play a couple of songs then freeze and not go any farther. Also just yesterday, it was playing through the headphones then suddenly the next song came on, and it was playing through the microphone instead of the headphones. Anyone else have these issues? Thaks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX