Shortcut To Google Now

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Jelly Bean update a few minutes ago. For those that don't know, there seem to be a lot, if you hold down the options key for a second it will take you straight to Google Now so you don't have to go through the multitasking menu.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Question on the lock screen isn't it supposed to be like you hold it down and you get like a circle of 4 apps or short cuts to choose from then you slide to which one you want? Is there a setting I'm missing and how do you chance the short cuts on your lock screen?

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Rhaen

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe what you are referring to is Stock JB (a la Nexus). TouchWiz puts its own "touches" on the lockscreen, etc.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My way around the keyboard opening was to put the app icon for Google Search on my homescreen. For some reason, that was the only way Google Now would open without the keyboard popping up.

Airlid

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you install Google Search and/or update it? Could be why it isn't working properly.

I had disabled Google search, I enabled it played with Google now and realized that it is totally worthless and annoying, killed Google now and disabled voice search. Functionally with everything that I have disabled, my phone is no different than when I was running ICS. Pointless update with no REAL improvement.

Empty J

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had disabled Google search, I enabled it played with Google now and realized that it is totally worthless and annoying, killed Google now and disabled voice search. Functionally with everything that I have disabled, my phone is no different than when I was running ICS. Pointless update with no REAL improvement.

If only jellybean had been released months ago, you could've read online the benefits and made a decision earlier.

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Really? I use search for everything during a workday.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And that list of people is so short that it is incomparable to the amount of people that screw on their phone all day.

I hate when people pretend like they are different from everyone else. You Jack with your phone just like everyone else. Some use it for work AND play while others use it just for play. 95% of my use is fun. I'm not going to act like i'm all uptight and hard like some on here. I'm so sick of the whole "smartphones are just toys" crap. Of course they are! But I also don't spend my money on tv, movie tickets, beer, or cigarettes. Everyone has the right to choose how they spend their lettuce. I choose electronic toys, Mtn Dew, and Jazz Tickets. I don't walk into a movie theater and shout: "pffff.... You all are just here for recreational purposes! Noobs!". So why do it on here? (rant over)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

EldoradoSan

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I hate when people pretend like they are different from everyone else. You Jack with your phone just like everyone else. Some use it for work AND play while others use it just for play. 95% of my use is fun. I'm not going to act like i'm all uptight and hard like some on here. I'm so sick of the whole "smartphones are just toys" crap. Of course they are! But I also don't spend my money on tv, movie tickets, beer, or cigarettes. Everyone has the right to choose how they spend their lettuce. I choose electronic toys, Mtn Dew, and Jazz Tickets. I don't walk into a movie theater and shout: "pffff.... You all are just here for recreational purposes! Noobs!". So why do it on here? (rant over)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

At what point did I EVER say I was any different than anyone else? But I do use my phone as much for work as ANYTHING else. I was merely pointing out the obvious Mr. High and Mighty.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
And that list of people is so short that it is incomparable to the amount of people that screw on their phone all day.

In my industry, everyone except the most basic office workers use their phones all day for work. Our company has several thousand mobile workers that all rely on a smartphone to get work done. Every day. Couldn't get business done without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki