Jelly Bean Features

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I hope this thread will be used to explore/discover new features and shortcuts for the Jelly Bean on Verizon S3

I'm loving the new camera ability to pause recording and resume recording on one file. Sweet!

Tip: Just tap and hold menu to get to Google Now

Anyone else have nuggets?!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gaijin82

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Pressing the Google search bar will also bring you to Google now

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Haptic feedback feels different.

LED notification works better.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that when I receive a text message, it no longer appears on the lock screen in its own separate bubble in the right center part of the screen. I'm kind of sad about that.

Rhaen

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that when I receive a text message, it no longer appears on the lock screen in its own separate bubble in the right center part of the screen. I'm kind of sad about that.

I posted on another thread this same thing. I would love to have it back. Anyone know how?!

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm missing the new text notification bubble on the lock screen too. I liked that one.

But you can now pull down the notification bar from the lock screen.

If you hold the back button on the stock browser, you get your history, bookmarks and saved pages.

I posted it in another thread but, why didn't we get the new ui for the camera or the gallery??!

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Now we have the option to add your own background in the text thread during an on going conversation. I really like that feature i have a ton of HD backgrounds to choose from or switch to.

Tomab

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Lost the ability to skip songs using headphone button with PowerAmp. Now a long press on the headphone button launches some kind of Google voice search app instead. I can't figure out how to delete the Google voice search app. Any ideas?

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
i'm having trouble with the supposed expanded notifications... when i get the a new email in the gmail app i see the expanded info, but when i try the two finger gesture to either collapse or expand the extra info it doesn't work. I got it to work once randomly but have failed every other time. am i just ed? it works 100% reliably on my jelly bean tablet.

danno.scu

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if we were supposed to get the split screen function with our update?
(PS if you hold down the menu button from the home screen, it brings up Google now)

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i'm having trouble with the supposed expanded notifications... when i get the a new email in the gmail app i see the expanded info, but when i try the two finger gesture to either collapse or expand the extra info it doesn't work. I got it to work once randomly but have failed every other time. am i just ed? it works 100% reliably on my jelly bean tablet.

I originally had this problem. I find it much easier to use two hands to do the pinch in and out. It works ~100% of the time if i use both thumbs.