Dormant mode?

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the jelly bean update from Verizon but I can't seem to find the dormant mode that had been mentioned before, anyone have an idea? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
There are a few posts scattered that mention an app that can allow for using it on the VZ GSIII. This post is one.

I also found that you can do this same thing in Nova Prime. Long press on home screen and choose Shortcuts->Activities->Settings and expand the options (left side of screen) and scroll to Blocking mode. This creates a shortcut as well.

marcsledjeski

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Any time I try adding a contact to the allow list, dormant mode stops on me without adding any contacts. Anyone else having the same problem?

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am using nova and was able to set out as a shortcut. Pretty lame Verizon would want its users not to take advantage of such a nifty feature. In going to guess there's is no way of getting rid of the ongoing notification but hey it's better than nothing.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
now that we have access to the feature, is it possible to use an app such as automateit to setup for timed usage of blocking mode? i looked and didnt see the ability inside the app but i'm using the free version, or if anyone knows one app that will alllow that.

Tyegly

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Crashes and reboots my phone whenever I try to add allowed contacts to the list. I'm guessing that's why Verizon blocked it. It's not stable on this phone.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Tried to set it up last night. Crashed three separate times. Each time the crash occurs immediately after adding user or users to the Exception list. Clicking Done does the trick. What's interesting is that the Blocking mode icon in the notification bar persists even after the add user from Allowed contact list. Tried again this morning by adding just one user, and get same result. I'll look into Tasker or Llama to see if similar results can be had.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
odd, i have not tried to add allowed contacts but rather i'm using favorites which is just a select few that i would allow calls from.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There are a few posts scattered that mention an app that can allow for using it on the VZ GSIII. This post is one.

I also found that you can do this same thing in Nova Prime. Long press on home screen and choose Shortcuts->Activities->Settings and expand the options (left side of screen) and scroll to Blocking mode. This creates a shortcut as well.

Same thing works on apex.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I was able to set up a shortcut using Shortcuts>Nova Activities>Blocking mode... HOWEVER - it doesn't work. I enabled blocking mode with NO exceptions and then called myself from my home phone and the call went through as normal. Looks like just because we can access the settings doesn't mean the feature is actually there...

For anyone who has set this up using the Activities Method, I'd suggest double checking to see if it actually works...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL