Google Voice won't load after Jelly Bean update

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Verizon SG3 received the Jelly Bean update this morning. After the install Google Voice no longer works. I've tried rebooting and uninstalling/reinstalling a couple of times without success. It can get all the way through the setup but when it reaches the point where it connects to Google servers to download the inbox history, it just hangs there with a spinning refresh indicator.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there any fix short of a factory reset? I'd like to avoid a factory reset at all costs since this messes up our Google Music account and is generally a PITA with all the apps and settings and downloaded content. I'm especially concerned because my SG3 wants to run the Jelly Bean update and I exclusively use Google Voice for phone & sms and really don't want to lose this or have to factory reset.

[edit]So I gave up on trying to get things working without a factory reset. Unfortunately after the reset, Google Voice didn't work until about the 3rd of 4th reboot and synching of contacts and the phone app no longer work properly. Has anyone else had these types of issues? Any suggestions? [/edit]

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae