I'm Very Happy with JB Update

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I figured since I slammed the GB update on my Droid Incredible and the ICS update on my GS2 on Sprint that I should report that this was the smoothest update for me. I know it is only an "incremental" update but this is the first time that I haven't had major problems. I didn't do a factory reset first, I just closed all programs and rebooted the phone first. My battery life is the same and all my bluetooth devices connected without issue. A lot of the subtle changes are welcome (thicker blue bar while webpages load, the brightness slider and date from the top of notification bar, and many others that were removed are good to see back).

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Smooth for me too. Easy peasy and some big enhancements. I love Google Now and project Butter is nice also. The GS3 still isn't as fluid as my Note 2, but darn close.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you ALWAYS see the threads about how this or that has been changed, but I'm sure there are many more people (like you and I) where the update went fine. All devices working normally here.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely satisfied with the update. I have had zero force closes and everything seems to be running smoother than before. I like all the little enhancements they made. Seems great.
Btw, is there any way to really SEE what project butter is doing for me?
Or maybe someone can just explain what it does a little better.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that I am very happy with this update as well.
First, I really liked that the update was available to everyone on the first day it was available. I like the new folders, and Google Now. I hope that we can come to expect this type of update in the future.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, I didn't notice how much I enjoyed JB until i lost it after switching from Sprint. It is much fast and smoother than ICS and everything just feels a bit more refined.

The only thing I would like to learn that I can't figure out is how to use the smile capture with the stock camera. I saw a commercial about it and was hoping to learnt how to use that feature.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Very happy with the update

* The scrolling is noticeably smoother both between screens and in applications
* Folders look much better
* The colors in the calendar app are much better. Still wish you could change them for all of the major apps (calendar, contacts, email)
* Something about the font looks better
* New Help app is cute.

Last edited:

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Put me in the "like" column as well, very nice update. I like the change of the color of the notification bar and I love the brightness bar

William Kruger

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It's ok I guess. Phone lags just a tad (maybe an app conflict?) and when I text, it doesn't auto correct. Typing it's it instead does its. Maybe there's a setting to reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie