Unable to use Hotmail after Jelly Bean OTA update.

S3User

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I updated to Jelly Bean last night and immediately after my Hotmail no longer worked. At first it had all my previous e-mails but would not sync. An error message comes up that says "unable to sync" and to please select an e-mail account and enter password. It lists my account and I type my password in but it just comes up again. I tried inputting passing in the e-mail settings as well. After I type it in, if I go back to the password settings it has the entire field populated with asterisks; my password is not 20 characters long. As of this morning my e-mail folder is empty, it no longer shows any of my previous e-mails, however; I keep getting the same message about syncing. I have tried removing the account to re-configure it but it does not allow me to delete it. I tried adding a new Live account and it gives me the same messages. I have seen other noted instances of Exchange problems after updating to Jelly Bean; but nothing quite the same as this. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: From another recent post I tried adding a Live account using the "others" option for e-mail servers. It worked. However, I cannot delete the existing one to re-configure it as it says "Delete failed: Timeout" or something to that effect and it won't let me add it again while it is still listed.

Last edited:

s3roc03

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Only way I could get the existing/live one removed was to do a factory reset and then set up the email again under the "other" option. Not the most ideal option but it got rid of the existing one.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone Monday and realized the same thing. Thought I was the only one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown