Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried Bluetooth for the first time since getting the update. Bluetooth drops intermittently when connected to my 2010Audi A4. Has anybody else's had any problem with Bluetooth dropping intermittently? I've Googled this and others with this problem when JB first game out but no fixes were mentioned. Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same problem with my 2011 Ford Edge with ford sync. Although I rooted my phone and flashed CleanROM 5.5.1, I still have bluetooth drop out randomly for about a second.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For me its way more than a second and it makes my Bluetooth useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kcorbin#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
For me bluetooth worked at first, but then I started having issues. I use 2 bluetooth connections in my a4 one for phone and one for media. One of these will always connect but when I attempt to connect the other the phone completely hangs. If I wait long enough the phone will reboot.

I thought it might have to do with performing the update while rooted so I went back to my ROM backup and tried again. I will let you know how it goes.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!
I'm probably going to call Samsung later today. I'm hoping my car doesn't need a software update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

crashloaded

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I was having this problem with my 2011 Toyota Rukus since the JB update to my S3. After messing around with a few settings this is the only work around i have found to fix the problem for me personally.

1. Turn off auto-connect settings in my car head unit.
2. Change the bluetooth connection in my head unit from HEAD UNIT to PHONE.
3. Manually select the car multimedia when turning bluetooth on in my phone with the car head unit already on.

This has stopped my audio from dropping out every 30sec-1min.

Hopefully the auto connect feature will be useful when i get updated from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski