WiFi Question

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I currently am one week out from getting my GS3 and I can't wait!! Currently on a droid x and it is slowly getting worse and worse. WiFi connecting but not loading web pages has been the main issue. My question to those who came from droid x to GS3 - is the WiFi connectivity better than droid x? I know the X suffered from this with some units. Never knew it affected mine because I hardly ran WiFi since I had unlimited. Since I am losing that I want to utilize WiFi as much as I can so I've been trying to get in the habit of running WiFi more and that is when I discovered the WiFi connectivity issue with my X.

WiFi issues not due to my router. I changed it thinking that was the issue but it happens as well at work and free WiFi spots. I hope this is more stable in GS3. I have no problem connecting my Tab 2 10.1 at home and it is WiFi only - not attached to a carrier.

Have enjoyed lurking for a while researching GS3 on this forum. I hope I will be making a right choice with it when I can upgrade next week. I loved my droid x but am so in love either the GS3!
Anyone who can ease my worries your comments will be appreciated!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and soon from my GS3

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I find the WIFI on my wife's SGS III to be very good. Always seems to have the strongest reception in the house over 2 GNex's, Epic 4g and an iPhone 4.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I came from the rezound and the SG 3 has excellent wifi. I use it a lot when I'm home and haven't experienced any problems. You won't be disappointed!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the Droid X too but never noticed Wifi issues with it. I've not noticed any Wifi issues on the S3.

The Droid X was great for about 9 to 12 months but got really slow, needed daily reboots, and battery pulls sometimes. The camera never really was that great and towards the end of my 2 years, it would hang the phone up hard, requiring a battery pull to get it to recover.

The S3 is like night and day compared to the X. Fast. Stable. Beautiful, bright screen. The camera is unbelievably fast and produces great pictures. I hardly ever reboot this phone. Maybe once every 3 to 4 weeks, and not cause I need to (just want to).

You won't regret it. Enjoy your new phone.