Unbiased, amateur review of the GS3....

chadrob30

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
So you give it 8/10 even though S3 has "dropped garbage" calls at your home? Why such a high rating when it fails in its primary function as a phone?

I have a GS3 and it has the same crappy reception as a phone. I am on the second GS3 and second SIM card. I also have an iPhone 5 and have no phone call reception trouble at home.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Funny you should mention that. I am also on my second SG3 and second SIM card. First phone would not boot up after a week. Got a replacement (current phone) and have all these issues. SIM card crapped out on me but Verizon gave me a new one, but this phone is still for sale.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I also can't say I blame him for his resentment of the way he was received, thus the a-hole comment. If he doesn't like something about the phone, is it your or anyones place to tell him he's wrong? He gave his opinion on the phone. People emotionally invested in a piece of glass and metal got defensive about it, which is typical internet reaction. Are you anything other than an amateur? Not if you don't get paid for your opinions - otherwise you're just another voice in the crowd, no more significant than the OP. Even if you do get paid, you opinion may well be worthless. Read Gizmodo for a good example.

Welcome to the Internet. Opinions are shared. He shared his, we shared ours. Who cares if he or you enjoyed the responses? I love reading other people's opinions, as long as they're willing to hear the responses. Then you jump in as the self proclaimed OP bodyguard and make fun of us for taking things personal. I'm confused at your angle and purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So I tried transferring photos from the phone to my computer via Bluetooth. Fail. Tried emailing the same photos to my computer. Fail. This phone is such a bundle of joy. The BT method shows there are files being transferred, but nothing shows up on the computer. Trying to email them just shows "sending" and nothing ever leaves the POS phone.

At this point it's no surprise you couldn't figure that out. Once you start being so negative, you look and find problems. I could TRASH any device on the market if I wanted to. Then I could blame the phone for sucking.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This thread needs to stay on topic. There's no need for the commentary directed at other members. This is the second time that I've had to say this in the thread.

If you have a problem with a post, please hit the report button.

Last edited:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I do wonder if the "poor call reception" is the fault of Verizon rather than the phone. I previously had a Droid X and the S3 blows that phone away with call reception. I have to say that my 4G signal is not good here in the house but that has no effect on call reception anyway.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Your 4G connection strength has nothing to docwith call quality since voice is still on the 3G network.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the reception issues I'm having is most likely a combination of both phone antenna and LTE . I have no scientific data, but my HTC incredible, only 3g , had no problems with signal in my house( which happens to be a solid log home) the wife's iphone 4gs, also has a solid signal. My phone signal strength anywhere else is fantastic. This phone has so many great features, what other phone is even close to it? Nothing at the present moment. That being said, if something caught my eye down the road, who knows. Therefore , 8/10 rated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, no problems with transferring photos, files, etc. No call problems, etc on the other hand our iphones dropped calls all the time.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I've owned a storm, OG Droid, Charge and Thunderbolt... and the level of improvement increased with each... bt none of them can come close to this phone for performance or Roms.

This thing does absolutely everything I need it to do, quickly and well, with no lag.

The pictures/videos might not be professional grade, but I don't need them to be. They're exceptionally good for home use.

The GPS was a nightmare on the Charge and not much better with my TBolt: this thing locks in a few seconds.

The reception has always been great for me... and I really can't wait for the next generation to come out.

Absolutely exceptional in the ways I need it to be, I'd buy it again, today, particularly as the upgrade ($179) I paid for it... even though I lost out on my grandfathered data plan, since I'd been averaging a half gig per month anyway.

chadrob30

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
At this point it's no surprise you couldn't figure that out. Once you start being so negative, you look and find problems. I could TRASH any device on the market if I wanted to. Then I could blame the phone for sucking.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I don't know what the hell your problem is with me, but it needs to stop. The phone WILL NOT email, bluetooth, post to Facebook etc a photo or photos while on 3G/4G. I was able to successfully upload one photo to FB tonight on wifi, but it will fail every time on 4G. So this is my fault too right?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the hell your problem is with me, but it needs to stop. The phone WILL NOT email, bluetooth, post to Facebook etc a photo or photos while on 3G/4G. I was able to successfully upload one photo to FB tonight on wifi, but it will fail every time on 4G. So this is my fault too right?

The bickering needs to stop.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would get a replacement phone. Something must be wrong there. I can do several things at the same time and I am on the second crappiest network. It is still cdma so the phones are directly comparable. Is the baseband up to date. I would check to see that it is, maybe something got messed up in the ota

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually, 3G and 4G are straight data....CDMA/GSM is used for voice calls.

Cdma and gsm are just the technology used for transmitting cell signals. Lte is the only technology that is also the name of the data technology. Since all Lte phones use a sim card whether it be external or embedded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey