Any way to permanetly stop automatic update to JB?

1233user

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep reading of all the problems people are having after upgrading to Jelly Bean. I postponed the update on my phone, but I am afraid that it's going to automatically do it at some point without my knowledge. Is there anyway to permanently stop it from doing the upgraded? I am pretty happy with the way ICS is working, and for now I want to keep it.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way about buggy a** JB. I don't think it will download on its own. You have to accept it for it to upgrade your phone. Just reject it and don't worry about it. I'm not leaving ICS just yet either.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My update went smoothly, and the phone is working great.
I think the problems people have is because they screw around with their phones too much, OS wise.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My update went smoothly, and the phone is working great.
I think the problems people have is because they screw around with their phones too much, OS wise.

You seem to be one of the lucky ones. U should help some ppl on here out so theirs can run smooth too

Maya

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I woke up yesterday morning to find that VZ had forced the JB update on my phone and wasn't happy at all. TouchWiz kept force closing and phone slowed down terribly but after having done a factory reset all seems well. Very smooth and fast now. Battery life is my only complaint at this point.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I woke up yesterday morning to find that VZ had forced the JB update on my phone and wasn't happy at all. TouchWiz kept force closing and phone slowed down terribly but after having done a factory reset all seems well. Very smooth and fast now. Battery life is my only complaint at this point.

Did you keep ignoring the update when they pushed it to your phone or did u actually hit "reject and upgrade at a later time"? I rejected it and it never asked again. I hope they don't force that crap on my phone. I'm gonna add that to my prayers at night..." Please God don't let Verizon force me to update to JB. AMEN!"

sherrymyra

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I too do not want the update. I hope it just doesn't happen overnight without my knowledge. Phone is fine the way it is. I just don't need any problems.

1233user

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I saw my screen light up so I looked at the phone and it said something like "automatic update will begin in 2:40". There was a "defer" button, so I pushed it. It brought me to a screen where I could select a date and time to defer to. I tried to select a date in 2014, but it said that I could only put off the update for 5 days after it was downloaded. Apparently, Verizon already pushed the download to my phone without my knowledge. The latest time I could select was December 24th. I need to find a way to stop this update before then. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc