Please respond if Google Maps works for you after the JB update

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses everyone. Sounds like I may have a hardware issue. Time for a trip to Verizon to see about a replacement.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Google Maps crashes on me when I use Google Navigation now. Maps is also acting funny even when not navigating. My phone is stock with basic apps and I have never had any issues like this with Android.

Please post up if your Google Navigation and Maps work as they did with ICS.

If nobody is having problems I am going to have Verizon replace my phone. I use these two programs all the time and this issue is really frustrating.

The only issue I was having was that in Navigation, it was stuck in "Searching for GPS".
I ended up downloading GPS Status & Toolbox and used it to clear my GPS state. Once I did that, it works great.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses everyone. Sounds like I may have a hardware issue. Time for a trip to Verizon to see about a replacement.

Have you tried a factory reset? It if it was working before the update and isn't now, it's likely a glitch in the software. A reset will probably fix it. Verizon will do one before they do anything anyway so you might save yourself a trip and give it a try.

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? It if it was working before the update and isn't now, it's likely a glitch in the software. A reset will probably fix it. Verizon will do one before they do anything anyway so you might save yourself a trip and give it a try.

Yep factory reset was the first thing I tried. Didn't fix the issue. I really have tried everything under the sun. Nothing is fixing the issue. It's hard for me to believe it's a hardware issue when these applications worked perfect up until I updated to JB.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I would do a factory reset and install the update via kies on the computer...OTA's cause way too many problems

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset doesn't revert to the original OS. JB is still there with a factory reset unfortunately.

I wish I could go back to ICS. I have found no benefit to JB thus far, just problems.

I would do a factory reset and install the update via kies on the computer...OTA's cause way too many problems

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Well this will probably jinx me but I used an app to reset my GPS cache and I have not had a crash while using navigation on 2 occasions. Hopefully that fixed it, we shall see.

Sent from my Nexus 10