Anyone Truly Regret Upgrading To Jellybean?

TBoltShock83839

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm usually not one to turn down updates because I like having the latest and greatest features/functions, but reading the frustrations with the jellybean I think I may have done the right thing for now. What are some overwhelming flaws in Jellybean that make you regret the decision or are you pleased with how it's going so far?

Metups

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't upgraded yet, either. I'm still at rooted ICS with Novalauncher, plus Google Wallet/Now added on. Setup works great - no flaws, so no need to mess with it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love JB on the S3. A lot of people are saying that there aren't many new features, but there is. If you use a aftermarket launcher then you may not see massive changes, but if you have used stock TouchWiz you will see huge visual improvements. I love the new feel of the phone with this update. Great battery life, and no problems so far.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't find any overwhelming flaws in Jellybean. I've been running it for months, but not w/ a VZW-modified JB operating system.

If there's flaws, it's due to VZW's garbage that they add to it or do to it. VZW really mucks things up. When you get rid of their mods by running a JB ROM like Synergy or CleanROM, it's smooth as butter with great battery management. I don't think I could ask for things to work any better.

I guess you'd say that I'm pleased w/ JB, just not a VZW messed-up JB.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not really overwhelming either way. Ran great with ICS, still running great with JB. This was not an earth shattering upgrade.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I took the VZ JB Update just yesterday. I see many complaining of poor battery life.. but mine seems to be the exact opposite. Normally my phone drops from 100% to around 70% or less just sitting on the night stand. Last night, however... after the JB update (with Google Now installed/updated and Maps running.. as well as updating to a Live Wallpaper which I normally never do), I woke up to 90% battery. I have been checking throughout the day... and battery life seems very much improved.

To be honest... I am not aware of the differences between ICS and JB. Still looking for a resource to figure it out. I always want to take advantage of new things.

jkmasi

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My GS3 was running perfectly before the update. Now, even after two factory resets, sd card formatting, etc. I have the media scanner service wake lock problem. My phone gets hot and runs down the battery so fast, that I've stopped using the phone. Switched to my Razr Maxx HD until I can solve this problem. Loved my GS3 much more than the RMHD, but so far have not been able to fix this. Maybe it's a corrupt music file, or photo, but they all worked fine before.

TBoltShock83839

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My GS3 was running perfectly before the update. Now, even after two factory resets, sd card formatting, etc. I have the media scanner service wake lock problem. My phone gets hot and runs down the battery so fast, that I've stopped using the phone. Switched to my Razr Maxx HD until I can solve this problem. Loved my GS3 much more than the RMHD, but so far have not been able to fix this. Maybe it's a corrupt music file, or photo, but they all worked fine before.

That definitely sounds like a headache. Hope the problem gets hammered out sooner than later.

Glad to see some others having good experiences, but the bad is a pain.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
JB is working fine for me. Battery life is like before.

Could you have an issue with your SD card and it is having trouble reading it, thus gets stuck?
Just a wild thought.

dogboyr1

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have regretted the upgrade ever since I installed it. The battery life stinks and I can't turn the notifications off and have only the ringer on at night like I could with ICS.

jkmasi

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
JB is working fine for me. Battery life is like before.

Could you have an issue with your SD card and it is having trouble reading it, thus gets stuck?
Just a wild thought.

I have tried two different cards that worked fine before. Also tried reformatting both in the phone. Right now, I have nothing on the sd card, and the media scanner service is still causing a wake lock. If I force stop Downloads, it stops. No clue what's happening! It's very frustrating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

inm8num2

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded today and deeply regret it. Should have done more research beforehand. Stupid decision. Not sure why I did it. I was happy with ICS.