Double Text notification

Staxxx13

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Got the update last night now every text i receive chimes twice.

Not using any other texting app or have one installed.

I noticed that a new notification icon after the update along with the old one. If I turn off the notification in text settings the new icon still chimes.

The only way to clear new notification is to pull down the top menu and hit clear. Also delete old messages is disabled.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you use Google Voice? Go into the app and under settings/sync and notifications and make sure text notifications are turned off.

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Turn off DRIVING MODE

Go to settings> language input> txt to speech> drive mode.....there it is..... mode...just turn off!
or at the top of settings toggles there is one for driving mode if you are running Jelley Bean.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Got the update last night now every text i receive chimes twice.

Not using any other texting app or have one installed.

I noticed that a new notification icon after the update along with the old one. If I turn off the notification in text settings the new icon still chimes.

The only way to clear new notification is to pull down the top menu and hit clear. Also delete old messages is disabled.

Can you take a screen shot of the icon

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When you tap the alternate or messaging icon that's in the pull down menu, Where does it take you? Does it take you to the stock messaging app? Press it and see which app it takes you to. Then see if that app has a setting to turn off notifications or if you can uninstall it. But let us know when you receive a message and tap the other icon where does it show you the message at

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you don't have a third party app installed but the stock notification app doesn't have that icon. Almost looks like a Handcent icon.

Sent from my S3 on ACS

Staxxx13

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't take me any where. Just closes the drop down menu. Only way to get rid of icon is to hit the clear button.

Havent installed anything. All this started after the 4.1.1 update.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Get a friend with the same phone and let them put their sim in your phone and receive a text. If it doesn't happen then ask Verizon for a new sim card because you're getting duplicate notifications. Its either a network issue or a bad sim card. Keep us updated

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If that isn't a hassle then maybe try that. If the sim switch didn't work then go to Verizon and tell them your issue. You're covered under the warranty for a new phone. Have you done a factory reset since the update?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Staxxx13

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay I did a factory reset. It went away but as it updated the apps it started to do it again.

Guess I have to figure out which one it was.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay I did a factory reset. It went away but as it updated the apps it started to do it again.

Updated as in restored your old apps or you went to the market and installed updated of old versions

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I'd start with the apps that might have notifications. It'll be extremely time consuming to find the culprit. Maybe back track to when it started happening and see which apps you've installed around that time. That may narrow it down some.