Weird Yahoo Mail Behavior after App Install

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
After upgrading to Jelly Bean I couldn't access my Yahoo Mail and Verizon couldn't fix it, so after reading a suggestion here that I install the App, I did that and it a couple of days ago and it's worked fine.,

This morning, however, Yahoo is downloading at least three years of previous messages from a Yahoo group to which I belong (and in fact, moderate). the loading wheel just keeps turning and turn.

Any way I can delete all those message in one fell swoop rather than checking every individual box?

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought this only affected blackberry devices. I have seen where yahoo servers will reset the uids of email messages. The uid is like a unique identifier, and much like a social insurance number. There should only ever be the 1 of it and it should never change. However when the server resets the uids, and at least on bbs the message appear to be NEW since the identifier changed.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Must have been syncing with way make messages.

Now I'm getting an audible two-tone chirpy notification whenever a new Yahoo message comes in. I have default notification sound turned off in sound in the settings menu and can't find any other place to shut off that notification sound.

Has anyone found a way to shut off Yahoo notification sound?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback MobileMadness. The downloads seem to have stopped, thankfully. Now to get rid of the annoying arrival chirp!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Finally figured it out!
You have to go to Sound>Volume>Notifications and move the slider all the way to the left.

Of course this means that if you want OTHER notifications to sound you won't hear them either.

There ought to be a separate sound setting for individual functions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12