GO Launcher Difficulties

shahmanUVA

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!! I just joined because this seems like the best way for me to start exploring the nuances of the wonderful phone which I have purchased, the Samsung Galaxy s3 on the Verizon network. After 6 months of using (and loving) the phone, I decided to start unlocking the true (unrooted) potentials. I installed GO Launcher (and I got JB). I love it, but there's one catch: When I go to an application from the pulldown notification bar, I am receiving a short image of my TouchWiz lockscreen before moving on. I even have the TouchWiz Lockscreen set to ?None".

Could I get some help?

TL;DR: Noob w/ unrooted Verizon S3 has a notification bar glitch using GO Launcher.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure. I used GO Launcher when I used Gingerbread, but your best bet is to spend the $3.99 and get a launcher meant to go over JB like Nova (I use it) or Apex. HUGE difference over GO Launcher, with zero issues.

shahmanUVA

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response, HalizDad.

I turned off the GO Locker, which allows custom lockscreens, and the problem went away. This isn't ideal (Lock Screens are COOL!), but it did solve the problem.

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
I have used every launcher over the years, from ADW, Launcher Pro, Go Launcher, Apex and Nova. I installed Home manager from the market to see which one consumed less resources and performed better. I am now using Apex and it works well over JB with no issues whatsoever.

When troubleshooting, I installed every launcher mentioned and set them all up identical, with the same widgets and folders etc. so the test would be accurate.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I had been using Go Launcher for the past 4 months. While I liked it for the most part, it started to have performance issues over time. There was terrible lag and continious updates. I'm using Nova Launcher now and it's been very smooth and responsive. It's not as flashy as Go Launcher, but just works so much better. Try free versions of other launchers and see what works best for you.